Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you aren't an Ogre warrior, you made a mistake. I know - "play what you like", but there's the recommended path - no question about it.
Halfling and Iksar are the only Warrior races with benefits over the rest. Halfling for innate sneak or Iksar for extra AC+regen. Any other benefit can be made up for with gear or clickies.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Oger>iksar>halfing>rest?

I like it.

halflings also don't need to shrink to fit in the corners for raid tanking.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 03-14-2018, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Humans also need the most use out of items..
Old 03-14-2018, 12:59 PM
Kobold

I think we're getting a little abreast of the original post - definitely racial concerns are important if you're going to roll a warrior as your first character specifically because as I mentioned, you're going to want to trash loot and vendor as much as possible to gear up early on. Thus, I'd probably encourage races with naturally high STR and STA simply because you'll want to be able to carry things to vendor AND you're not going to have twink gear with lots of stats.

That being said, if you've always wanted to roll a gnome warrior, I'd encourage you to do it. This thread is more intended as a "Gearing Guide" specifically for people rolling a naked warrior out of the gates when resources are limited.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
halfing>iksar>>rest?
Fixed that for you.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Full quest plate Iksars look great in Velious. The problem is both the statue and vindi bps look terrible. That 2HS animation though . . . I have no idea what idiot allowed that through quality control. Almost qualifies as a bug imo.

Also I basically agree with the OP: on a server this mature, it's easy to buy some decent gear for cheap and then transition into the Coldain armor/Frostbringer/Infestation stereotype. In Kunark it was MUCH harder, and most warriors even in 2nd tier raid guilds were wearing indicolite and using a sarnak warhammer or some equivalent nonsense. Or, like Sakuragi, a bunch of trooper scale . . .
Old 03-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar wars do get one massive bonus: Basically uncontested armor drops from PoH
Old 03-15-2018, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

I like my dwarf warrior. Solid starting stats (not best). High levels innate dex. Preshrunk for dungeons. Chortle-worthy run animation. Epic beards. Powerful cultural armor for the pre-raid leveling. Barrel roll jumps.

If I hadn’t made a dwarf I would have gone troll.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread