Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

Default Warrior Troll - about Shrink?

Hello p99,

I am recently levelling a troll warrior, I am level 38 at the moment.
My first adventures in Upper Guk were simple enough, BASH and watch that xp bar going up! But then I tried Sol A and UGH, it was a pity! impossible to fight in there as a big ass troll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So I went to EC, bought some shrink pots... and hit HHK. Same problem, very hard to go around without shrink, but hey I have them pots now.

So I'm looking at the Cobalt Bracer with that sweet shrink effect and as I'm heading to level 45, I am wondering:

Is the Shrink from Cobalt Bracer like the pots (can be used anywhere) or like the spell (can only be used in official indoor zones)?

for 20,000pp, I'm hoping it will at least be a convenient alternative to shrink pots, but if not damn .... does it get any better? I think I've heard most Velious dungeons don't have much fatty issues?

Also - side question:

I've capped my Kick skill at (149) like a good soldier, but now I am wondering: is there any kind of situation where Kick is better than Slam for a big race? I think I lose the slam ability if I'm in wolf or werewolf form, so that's one situation I could think of... but otherwise can we agree that Slam/Bash having a better skill cap means it's just plain better? or does Kick somehow has its advantages?

That's it for today! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thank you!
Old 04-05-2018, 04:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The cobalt bracer is like the spell and can only be used indoors. However, since it is like the spell, you will be able to shrink other players and pets.

Kick is inferior to slam as slam can interrupt spell casting whereas kick cannot.

EDIT: Upon further research, it seems that for a warrior kick will interrupt casting beginning at level 55.

Source: https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Kick
Serraphina Lacrimosa <Paradigm Shift> - 56 Rogue
Last edited by Nindien; 04-05-2018 at 05:11 AM..
Old 04-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Ugh, thanks for the info on the bracer, this unfortunately confirms what i thought...

As for Kick stunning starting from level 55, this must be a nice perk for non-big race indeed, but for a large race, you still get to stun with Slam, obviously, with a higher skill cap hence (i think?) a higher chance to hit / do damage / stun... was just curious if there was anything else to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any other big warriors/sk want to chime in on the frequency of being fucked by auto-ducking at higher levels? Any no-go dungeons I should avoid like plague? Any super fatty-friendly dungeon I should look forward to?

thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Lvl 55 kicks begin to stun because by that point by not taking a shower for 55 levels our feet really start to stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Well that was very valuable input Draconite, thanks for your effort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Banned

many a caster has died to ye old filbus in duels b/c they did not know the OP power of my hobbit kick
Old 04-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Banned

I would also like to add that Kick has a lower skillcap to Bash/Slam

http://wiki.project1999.com/Warrior#Skills
Old 04-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

that's the Frenchman curse, I speak so much people can only hear half of what I say xD stupid enculturation.

I know about the lower skillcap and it is actually the basis of my questioning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but I think I understand that basically Kick is for non-big races and the fatties can use Slam as it is simply superior in every way, potentially switching to Kick if they get Werewolf/Wolf form...

On a related note, Skarlorn, being really maniac, it would have probably been stronger to quick switch to a shield and bash instead of kick?... but in the heat of a duel, maybe good in theory but bad in practice hehe.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Banned

Leveling up, I always quick swapped a shield to bash the caster. Stopped doing this at 55 and while bash is slightly superior its largely unnecessary to do, because if the mob is stunnable its low enough level that the extra skill points don't make a big difference.

But feel free to min max the bash quick swap. It's high level warrior strategy for sure
Old 04-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Well, my warrior is a troll so I won't have that dilemma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I used to play a gnome warrior and I was trying to but meh - it was usually not worth the trouble. "High level strategy" indeed. I do feel it is easier to solo casters on my troll than it was on my gnome for sure though!