Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 02:22 AM
Sarnak

Default Necro CHA and lulls

From what I could gather reading through these forums is that necromancers' charm spells aren't affected by CHA.
What about undead lulls tho?

From playing my enchanter I know the chance to get a critical resist on a lull attempt is reduced with high CHA. Is it the same for necromancers?
I'm still trying to make sense of all the -CHA on necro items.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:42 AM
Aviak

Having a low charisma should decrease your chance of Fear spells breaking early. Low Charisma should also work to increase Intimidation checks. Not sure if low charisma affects anything else (other then obvious enchanter charm/lull, merchant prices, DI saves)

Not sure if it does work that way, but that's the theory.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathnir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a low charisma should decrease your chance of Fear spells breaking early. Low Charisma should also work to increase Intimidation checks. Not sure if low charisma affects anything else (other then obvious enchanter charm/lull, merchant prices, DI saves)

Not sure if it does work that way, but that's the theory.
This is all false. Charisma has zero effect on anything a Necromancer does.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would have to agree

After playing both classes to 60 I would say that my charms and lulls are about the same effectiveness on my sub 100 Cha necro and my 255 Cha enchanter.

The necro lull seems a bit weaker and more likely to crit resist but I have about the same confidence in both
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-22-2018, 07:08 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, the charisma/fear thing was a myth. I ended up once tracking fear resilience across around 200 casts of standard Fear, one where I was at around 100 charisma and another around 40. No substantial difference. An argument could be made it doesn't matter until above 100 cha or below 40 cha, but at that point one is putting way too much gearing focus into it for it to be worthwhile.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
except for selling things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2018, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
except for selling things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a big deal for the leveling Necromancer. For instance - if you can shove your Cha up to a 95 that is exactly enough to sell your Bronze 2 handed Battle Axes for 4 plat and 1 gold exactly at the druid vendor at the ring in Butcherblock. It makes dumping them and then buying / selling them back a super way to get rid of your copper / silver / gold without a banker.

There's no reason not to dedicate bag space for at least 4 pieces like a crude stein (+15), golden catseye bracelets (+7 each), and a plat catseye necklace (+9) for a 38 boost when it's time to sell. I'll agree with the others on a bad charisma shockingly not really dropping my chances to Lull undead. It's a mostly reliable chance based solely off of comparative levels + target magic resistance.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:04 AM
Sarnak

The cha does affect undead lull. You'll get a crit resist far more often with low cha, instead of a normal resist. There are only a few pulls that this really matters for a necro, since you can just FD every resist. I personally will try to get my cha up on any pull where I don't have a line of sight option to FD a crit resist.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

CHA absolutely affects necro unead lull. Try to lull as a necro in Howling Stones with low CHA, you'll crit resist like 70% of the time. Good necros carry some cha gear around to use in a pinch when breaking rooms.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

I would like to see some #'s on this - confirmation bias is a hard thing to overcome.