Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 10:37 AM
Banned

Haha wassup Ohzno! How goes the adventuring these days???
Old 06-17-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love how this turned into an SK thread when his original post asked for a great grouping and solo class.

OP, when you quit your SK later, roll a Shaman or an Enchanter. They are, without a doubt, the two best soloers that people also want in their groups. Both are also a ton of fun to play.
This thread is old, but I agree with this. If you want to be OP in a group or solo then go with shaman or chanter.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Surprised nobody has brought up necro. Great to solo 0-60, plenty of utility for grouping, especially if we’re talking duos or trios. Fun factor soloing very high imo, and has damn near every tool in the bag there is.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Yeah, Necro is a great all around class. Surprisingly good in groups with their ability to keep everyone regenned up and constant pet DPS. They can contribute in groups for sure. And then of course an amazing solo class with a wide variety of strategies.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

The only drawback to a necro is that they have a poor "reputation" when it comes to grouping.

I personally *love* to group on my necro, especially in duos and trios (as others have mentioned), and take pride in knowing the ins/outs of grouping on the class. As it is a common first class for new players and has a vast toolkit, many necros do not play the class well or optimally in groups.

For instance, with leveling up my necro (now 55), I completely underestimated the usefulness/purpose of a spell like screaming terror. This spell, a "ghetto mez," is invaluable for adds, charm breaks, splitting mobs, etc. Pair it up with feign death and you're able to split pairs of mobs effortlessly.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only drawback to a necro is that they have a poor "reputation" when it comes to grouping.

I personally *love* to group on my necro, especially in duos and trios (as others have mentioned), and take pride in knowing the ins/outs of grouping on the class. As it is a common first class for new players and has a vast toolkit, many necros do not play the class well or optimally in groups.

For instance, with leveling up my necro (now 55), I completely underestimated the usefulness/purpose of a spell like screaming terror. This spell, a "ghetto mez," is invaluable for adds, charm breaks, splitting mobs, etc. Pair it up with feign death and you're able to split pairs of mobs effortlessly.
Yeah i agree. Necro is not normally utilized to their full potential in groups.. Just like bards.. They have so many tools that are more powerful than people think..
Old 06-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Orc

Yeah, on paper the Necromancer looks pretty good but the main reason the SK didn't work out was the faction. Looks a bit petty when I type it out but it's just my preference. I'm gonna have the same problem with Necro I'm sure.

I've been casually playing my druid for now just because I'm familiar with how to play one and I'd like to at least get him to where he can port people around to help with the funding my main when I finally make a decision on that.

For a main I'm actually looking pretty hard at Magician just because of the flexibility of solo/group. The other option I'm still strongly considering (mostly because of this thread) is a Barbarian Shaman.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:55 PM
Banned

Magician will be tougher to solo with, but will be lovely in groups! Shaman will be lovely in both! I hear you on the faction. Is a gnome necro still evil?
Old 06-21-2019, 04:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician will be tougher to solo with, but will be lovely in groups! Shaman will be lovely in both! I hear you on the faction. Is a gnome necro still evil?
I figured mage would be solid at solo with the pet and all. Not so much?
Old 06-21-2019, 04:25 PM
Banned

Mmm i hear they can be tough or frustrating to solo with? Maybe boring?.. But capable soloer's i think, yes. But the lack of any form of CC i think is what makes it a tough life for them. Plus you gotta do that whole routine before a mob dies so that you don't get hit with the -50% exp thing from the pet getting the kill.. Which i think is you reclaim energy on your pet before the mob dies, and you get the last hit which will give you full exp, then you resummon a pet. I also thought taunt was nerfed a while back on pets which is why there is such a need for CC.. So my guess is you'd be carrying around stacks of root nets.. Also i think single pulls are one thing, if you get an add, im not sure how mages deal with adds without nets.
Last edited by bigjeff100; 06-21-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Closed Thread