Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 11:16 PM
Kobold

I don't think I've ever heard an AM Officer "name and shame" either. Things that cost us mobs have always been kept as general advice rather than individual blame. During the pull-to-zone era, apps and other people new to pulling were encouraged to get their feet wet and not stand back for fear of failure, with one officer often stating some variation of "Don't worry, I've lost us more dragons than you've killed" - the attitude has always been that not stepping up is worse than trying and failing.

The opening/closing door thing wasn't play quality, it was someone deliberately sabotaging pulls. The door was closed as soon as it was opened, and opened again as soon as it closed. This wasn't a new player unsure of what to do, or an established player making a mistake, it was someone intentionally trolling their own guild - and particularly poorly timed as another raid had not gone well.

Making mistakes has never gotten me any vitriol in AM, and the time I got us murdered in ToV (it was very obviously me because it caused an FTE to go out, fuckin dragon snitches), an officer just sent me a tell to ask what happened, that was it. I felt terrible but absolutely no one, leadership or normal guild member, gave me any shit for it.

I have heard of a certain Riot officer being a condescending dickhead when members voice their critiques of how raids are being led, but much like the idiotic door situation, I can believe that was just an isolated situation with bad timing and not indicative of a larger attitude problem with Riot's leadership [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2019, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve never heard any Riot officers call any members fucking children, nor have I heard anyone threaten to guild remove anyone for play quality - but thats just an officer in Riot. In fact, when people have cost us mobs we tend to go out of the way to have a personal conversation rather than name and shame.
BruhV have you had anyone purposely open and close a door for 10 minutes straight, blocking people pulling, just to be a dick head? That's a lot different than someone losing a mob by a mistake they made. It was getting some of our monks killed that were pulling. And then, whoever did it, I think shared the fraps with Fingerz? Riot spy? /Tinfoil

I find this convo is funny considering what AW/Tempest's Team speak comms sounded like compared to ours.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:41 PM
Banned

"no we're nicer to the guys trading their youth for maybe get dragon pixels"
Old 07-04-2019, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve never heard any Riot officers call any members fucking children, nor have I heard anyone threaten to guild remove anyone for play quality - but thats just an officer in Riot. In fact, when people have cost us mobs we tend to go out of the way to have a personal conversation rather than name and shame.
The whole 'meanie-not-nice-poo-poo-words' angle is one of the weakest angles I've seen anyone make in the anti-AM campaign. In my 3 years in AM, the leadership has been largely stellar. It's currently the best it's ever been. Just my opinion, obviously, but I think this argument is extremely weak. Especially coming from an outsider.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Paging Tofat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLMPyal9bb0&t=35s

remember when the game was fun and you could just be better than people
Closed Thread