Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Kobold

Default Global Name: Honesty, Transparency

I have this idea that character accounts have their name tagged with a global name. Maybe showing their EQEMU account name for example.

This would reduce the amount of people using alt. characters to train, ninja, steal, scam other players. I also believe it will promote honesty, and transparency.
I imagine all sorts of drama and char switching regarding Rubicite, Guise, etc. EDIT: I almost forgot JBOOTS in Najena lol

I know this idea isn't perfect and I don't know of the best way to implement. I'm sure other people have better ideas, but I thought it would be worth a suggestion before Green goes live.
Last edited by Seungkyu; 07-12-2019 at 11:59 PM..
Old 07-13-2019, 12:40 AM
Kobold

Very much no.

If someone scams you, steals from you, or ninja-loots your stuff petition it. The GMs will know what account that char is tied to. It is no one else's business.

I get why you are suggesting this, but like every "simple solution" the unintended consequences would likely be far worse than the problem you aim to solve, especially since solutions already exist.
Last edited by Halfcell; 07-13-2019 at 12:43 AM..
Old 07-13-2019, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

How would this be any different than current. You can just make many diff eqemu accounts. IPN = VPN. ETc.

The only way would be to like, have a social security database and access it to grant 1 account per person
Old 07-13-2019, 01:53 AM
Kobold

think you're trying to solve a problem that doesnt need much fixing. sure those things exist but in lower quantities than pretty much any gaming community i could possibly imagine. most of the things people bitch about end up having reasonable explanations as well. just let it go and play the game. i cant recall any situation where this would have fixed anything.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very much no.
the unintended consequences would likely be far worse than the problem you aim to solve
The unintended consequence of you being caught and banned?! Looks like we found our first suspect, even before the server launched. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kined [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
think you're trying to solve a problem that doesnt need much fixing.
Isn't this because blue is stabilized? I imagine Green to be the wild wild west.

Well I hope things run smoothly as you guys say.
Last edited by Seungkyu; 07-13-2019 at 05:25 AM..
Old 07-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very much no.

If someone scams you, steals from you, or ninja-loots your stuff petition it. The GMs will know what account that char is tied to. It is no one else's business.

I get why you are suggesting this, but like every "simple solution" the unintended consequences would likely be far worse than the problem you aim to solve, especially since solutions already exist.
It wouldn't have any unintended consequences. Just consequences you wouldn't like. Whether that be your shitty IRL friend finding out your alts name, the guild you've joined to spy on/steal from knowing who you are or GMs having an easier time banning all your accounts is irrelevant, but the consequences would fall to you and you alone, not anyone else or the server itself.

I see this as a good feature for the server, and that's as someone trying to avoid certain people. Not for the sake of green, it just makes sense in general.

Fear is the #1 enforcer of law, not the actual people who pursue justice.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

I have thought about this before and honestly, if such a thing were possible to do (like in an ideal setting, one person gets only one eqemu account), I think it would cut back on a lot of shit because once you do something, you couldn't just make a new account and be like "hey guys I'm chill." I think it would tank the population because I think the most fun in EQ for all the "hard-core" people out there is the fact that they can just mess with people and just start all over again with a new name and we're back in business lol.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Never been trained once in 5 years on this server lol
Old 07-13-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never been trained once in 5 years on this server lol
Found the guy that's been training everyone.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found the guy that's been training everyone.
you cannot be trained if you are the one that has brought the train

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread