Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Nope.

Hasn't been serious pvp since the entire server finished farming guise/rubi/manastones and then the few serious (lol) guilds were defeated over planar targets. No surprise, most of them alienated most of the server via griefing cause most players to rally against them. Rinse and repeat at the rise of FF. Until many of the first/second string Nihilum left to play D3/Tera/GW2 beta, they couldn't boast a single victory. Upon a few of those players returning, myself included, they got trampled and corpse camped for several days before quitting. Which was always a nail in the coffin when neither of the other guilds when outnumbering us were capable of killing a dragon with 3x the numbers necessary.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

ya know, I don't understand the stubbornness of rogean and nilbog. "no, we will never wipe our servers, RAWR!"

eq is all about replayability and if a server has just a few people playing on it so be it. wipe this shit already
Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 AM
Banned

Well I'm one of the people posting deal with it on the LOZ forums - and I said that here too while I played, farming solb/guk was boring, pls release planes etc etc.

Don't know why I still come around here, the forums are pretty shit - server hasn't broke 50 pop that I've seen in the last couple months, and that's why I don't play.

If there's several active decent guilds pvpn I'd probably come back and latch on to one, but two guilds forced to recruit mouth breathers to compete left me needing a break.

LoZ is refreshingly fun pvp, easy pve - not nearly as serious as red99, can train who I want, guild doesnt get banned over "deal with it" attitude, why you hating Destin, can just feel the bitterness from your posts.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Banned

Plus you don't get the context of Daefuin just being a solo player, farming hoops all day and ganking retards to boost his ladder ranking - which is why he wants less content/gear advantage over someone who plays solo.

So in reality he's just trolling the gms, just like most people did here against nihilum - trolls will be trollen.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

I understood that.

When the "risk vs reward" is out of balance like it is on LoZ, loot from VP on a small server that supposedly caters to pvp will only throw the entire system out of whack. There has to be meaningful progression and an opportunity over time (the factor removed from LoZ) to contest the progression of your enemies. Once people sneak off into VP, its game over.

Waste of time elaborating further.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya know, I don't understand the stubbornness of rogean and nilbog. "no, we will never wipe our servers, RAWR!"

eq is all about replayability and if a server has just a few people playing on it so be it. wipe this shit already
It would accomplish nothing, and no one has provided even one legitimate argument otherwise.

Classic EQ was great... in the year 1999.

Its basically a primer, or tutorial that set the stage for the game. All the content can be completed in 3 or 4 months, faster for the hardcore and even faster without a huge population bottleneck. Then what? You have to manufacture reasons to pvp because content is cashed (yt, hot zones, ez leveling, leaderboards etc). Theres so little to compete over.

Kunark-velious are years worth of player advancement and competition. On Rallos Zek, I'd say not even 5% of the server had experienced all the content by the time Luclin was launched. We were easily 6-8 months behind blue servers because of the level of competition involved in accomplishing anything (challenging = rewarding = fun)... and don't kid yourselves RZ pop was way lower than people think. I couldn't find as many people during Kunark trolling for pvp as you find on blue on a friday night. In fairness though, live pop was always far more bottom heavy.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Many compelling arguments have been made for a wipe, just because you fail to respond to them does not discredit them. Also, not a single person in this thread who has been constructively posting about changes that need to happen here is involved in that loz thread. That server is a joke.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Theres nothing to respond to.

When people post 1 + 1 = 5 so lets wipe, its just dumb to even attempt to argue.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah
Theres nothing to respond to.

When people post 1 + 1 = 5 so lets wipe, its just dumb to even attempt to argue.
or maybe u just don't have any valid arguments to justify a 20pop red wanabe server
Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Destin working the wolfram style of argumentation pretty hard in this thread. (yt iz bad cuz I said it iz with multiple conclusory arguments rawrrr). The server desperately needs a relaunch to ever have hope of attracting that mass of casuals and interested blue players as well as some of the diehards that quit. They didn't quit because they lost a mmorpg which be definition cannot be won or lost regardless of what idiots on either side of the aisle think, they quit because the server lost all credibility in their eyes, the eyes of the majority of people who have ever dabbled in red and rolled a character. The reasons behind this have been mentioned repeatedly.

Look at what happened to diablo 3 at launch. Hackers botters cheaters galore. Would new content bring me back to that game? No way the entire integrity of that game has been compromised and the issue is still rampant. I might run through the new content once to see it but then I'd quit for the same reasons before. Same issue here. A relaunch would peak interest again, give the server a shot at a second first impression. Guard assist, may o the exploits fixed, faster exp, global ooc, these things can hook people when they come back but will only do so if they come back to something new that has tons of other people coming back with them that they can play with and is clean in their eyes from prior corruption and exploitation.

Or we can just launch kunark and watch a lot of new people burn out as they roll iksar monks, can't find groups, see tons of empty zones, and all quit. Dunno guess its a hard choice. Kunark without a relaunch and fixes appeals to a very finite group of people and these people are not enough to breathe fresh life into this server.