Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Banned

I can't explain and provide sufficient examples of how classic resists worked in 10 words.

But there's a lot of people who think they have the answer in 0 words.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Nirgon, based on your explanation 0 roots should land at 51mr in pvp assuming even levels right?

pvpresistcalc: 101
pvpresistbase: 50
pvpresistcap: 33

101 to beat, at 50 to start = 51mr needed

compared to say pyrocuror which is basically unresistable:

pvpresistcalc: 135
pvpresistbase: -162
pvpresistcap: -194
resistadjust: -100

135 to beat, -100 resistadjust, -162 to start = 397fr needed

However if this method is correct then the following things would also be true:

Immune to Ice Comet at 117cr
Immune to Lava Bolt at 107fr
Immune to Venom of the Snake at 96pr
Immune to Anarchy at 71mr
Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon, based on your explanation 0 roots should land at 51mr in pvp assuming even levels right?

pvpresistcalc: 101
pvpresistbase: 50
pvpresistcap: 33

101 to beat, at 50 to start = 51mr needed

compared to say pyrocuror which is basically unresistable:

pvpresistcalc: 135
pvpresistbase: -162
pvpresistcap: -194
resistadjust: -100

135 to beat, -100 resistadjust, -162 to start = 397fr needed

However if this method is correct then the following things would also be true:

Immune to Ice Comet at 117cr
Immune to Lava Bolt at 107fr
Immune to Venom of the Snake at 96pr
Immune to Anarchy at 71mr
I think his point is that your math is correct, yet roots still land when they shouldn't.
Originally Posted by Casey II View Post
You should idolize drug dealers from the 1980s more and fat faggot rappers who pretend to be drug dealers from the 1980s but are really fat security guards like Rick Ross.

Also, you should let people know that you enjoy hip hop music. Even if they didn't want to know.

That would probably make people respect your faggot ass more.
]
Old 08-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Rooted and snared first and 2nd try yesterday with 120+ mr. Also chain stuns landed without a single resist with 90+ mr (tashed).

Its just sad. One day nilbog may go in and adjust it himself when he realizes how far from classic (and terrible) the current system is.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rooted and snared first and 2nd try yesterday with 120+ mr. Also chain stuns landed without a single resist with 90+ mr (tashed).

Its just sad. One day nilbog may go in and adjust it himself when he realizes how far from classic (and terrible) the current system is.
Yup.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybach 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think his point is that your math is correct, yet roots still land when they shouldn't.
But my question still stands. If that's the case then if I have ~100 in each resist I should be able to ignore basically everything a caster can do to me.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Banned

if only there was a way for melees to remove root.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But my question still stands. If that's the case then if I have ~100 in each resist I should be able to ignore basically everything a caster can do to me.
I played TZ on live, NO player EVER was "immune" to anything. One of the officers in Pandemonium had Twink Dwarf Rogue that would just RAPE everyone in OT (he had a goofy name too.. pissing me off I cant remember it). The ONE time I got a Darkness to land on him i ended up killing him. I cant tell you how many times he killed me, it was lots. His resist gear was nuts when i inspected his corpse.

tl;dr : On live, Resist Twinks were rarely cast on because that was classic era EQ, and we all played it and loved it. That's not the same here, even though mathmatically it should be. Thusly, system is broke, because we all eat dicks on not getting YT, Duck Interrupts blah blah because "this is a classic server" yet the questionably most important system mechanic of the game is broken as fuck.

Is AC still all fucked up too? I remember that being the hawt topic /wrists theme of forums when red launched.
Originally Posted by Casey II View Post
You should idolize drug dealers from the 1980s more and fat faggot rappers who pretend to be drug dealers from the 1980s but are really fat security guards like Rick Ross.

Also, you should let people know that you enjoy hip hop music. Even if they didn't want to know.

That would probably make people respect your faggot ass more.
]
Old 08-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

AC doesn't seem to be broken. I hit clothies and get hit wearing cloth very hard. The melee dmg against people in plate is considerably lower.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if only there was a way for melees to remove root.
Pure melee can't channel pumice with even the shittiest melee able to just sit there and attack, which is why noobs have been doing good on this server since it's beginning.

Don't depend on skill - depend on cc/numbers, lame - didn't attempt playing kunark for this one reason, and it doesn't seem that Null even accepts there's a problem...

Just noticed this thread still alive so I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in why I didn't play my rogue for kunark - this isn't classic EQ, this is some fucked up custom feeling shit with basically no population - PASS.
Closed Thread