Banned

A pet can use a 2h wep + a torch to still DW
Old 04-21-2019, 07:48 PM
Banned

Also pets don’t follow dmg tables but the charts are very helpful
Old 04-21-2019, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in my experience it happens quite often.
For example, many people claim bernstein bears are a thing. same with sinbad. Or if you want to go into it more recently... everyone literally forgetting how donald trump got elected and claiming it was russia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying you're wrong about the levels thing, but, I'm not ruling out the fact that animations do change their weapons they spawn with as they level up. That's a detail that is never touched upon, and as an explorer type It piques my interest to know the why and how. The additional concerns of shield and AC have been brought up by other people which also adds onto the questions, many of which have been not-answered and repeated with circular logic into the ground.

If you, Qtip, and Torik are not capable of this level of conversation, then feel free to view another thread. Flames & Rants has a really good one about in game drama. This thread however is for the pursuit of higher knowledge. Good Day.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

as a side note, I will say this much, with a bit of irony, That was by far the least "bashing" I've done of any topic on the board to date. I guess when you grow up in a bubble, everything seems like an attack. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're legit retarded, aren't you? (Yes, that's an attack).

An animation summon having the appearance of a short sword instead of a 2h sword means about as much about its damage as what my race on a /who shows when I cast an illusion.

Holy fuck.

Give a level 49 summon a rusty dagger. It still hits for whatever it did before. Just like a level 20 animation would after you gave it a rusty dagger. Etc.

The AC/shield question is a bit less asinine, I guess. But still. Do you feel outrage that an invoke death summon hits for 50 or whatever barehanded when a level 40ish player warrior can't? Lol.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-21-2019 at 08:17 PM..
Old 04-21-2019, 11:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

An animation summon having the appearance of a short sword instead of a 2h sword means about as much about its damage as what my race on a /who shows when I cast an illusion.

Holy fuck.

Give a level 49 summon a rusty dagger. It still hits for whatever it did before. Just like a level 20 animation would after you gave it a rusty dagger. Etc.

The AC/shield question is a bit less asinine, I guess. But still. Do you feel outrage that an invoke death summon hits for 50 or whatever barehanded when a level 40ish player warrior can't? Lol.
since you favor ignorance over intelligence let me crack you bubble real quick.
Situations that would matter:
like you said their minimum damage is X, based on level, thus giving them a WEAKER weapon wouldn't matter. While personally I still don't believe this is true, based on the fact that you're swearing and probably a level 50-60 charm user, lower damage weapons in general (mostly daggers) have a much lower attack delay than then axes.
wiki has no information about this, either of these topics, thus I created this thread.
someone brought up the question about shield too, wiki has no info on that either.

If you have the information then feel free by all means to say it. Otherwise, you're just a know nothing nobody that knows nothing just like everyone else spouting infantile attempts at insults while remaining gleefully ignorant of actual progression on the topic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"World is flat and you're all mentally ill for thinking otherwise!" that's you, that's what you sound like right now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't worry, I get it, you're an achiever type, this thread/topic really just is not for you. Not every conversation is meant for all types of people, don't worry. You've put your 2 cents in early on of what you knew and they were taken in context. Now I'm looking for more hard concrete evidence about the original question which was never answered. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A pet can use a 2h wep + a torch to still DW
Interesting, so theorhetically speaking, dual weidling 2h weapons is possible then? That changes things a bit.
Last edited by Rimitto; 04-21-2019 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: 2nd quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Holy fuck.

You just got extremely upset over a floating sword in a virtual fantasy world
Old 04-22-2019, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

Attack delay doesn't matter once you give a weapon a pet. It still uses its default NPC value as a base. This server correctly emulates that rule, which went into effect on old retail servers pre kunark after a Necro's pet with two rusty daggers solo'd a 50 warrior wearing full crafted armor while wielding dual yaks.

As a funny side note, Abashi made an ass of himself over that event when he stated that this change to a default attack speed would work on Magician pets too, to which Magician posters responded that mage pets absolutely could not hold weapons, and that he was full of crap. His response was something along the lines of "of course they can"... which he didn't test, because in actuality they couldn't at that early stage of the game. When the patch rolled out Mage pets could suddenly use weapons too.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:31 AM
Sarnak

Illusions have 100% the same mechanics as any other class pets, but they look quite different. I think you're geting confused because of that reason.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since you favor ignorance over intelligence let me crack you bubble real quick.
Situations that would matter:
like you said their minimum damage is X, based on level, thus giving them a WEAKER weapon wouldn't matter. While personally I still don't believe this is true, based on the fact that you're swearing and probably a level 50-60 charm user, lower damage weapons in general (mostly daggers) have a much lower attack delay than then axes.
Here is a thread with testing for DW'ing and attack speed. It has another link with even more testing.
Thread discussing pets and weapon damage/delay with Dev feedback - Another thread on the same subject
Your questions are answered in these posts. If you don't believe others, or the comments from Devs, this is as simple as giving your pet a fine steel dagger and parsing it yourself.

Quote:
If you have the information then feel free by all means to say it. Otherwise, you're just a know nothing nobody that knows nothing just like everyone else spouting infantile attempts at insults while remaining gleefully ignorant of actual progression on the topic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"World is flat and you're all mentally ill for thinking otherwise!" that's you, that's what you sound like right now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't worry, I get it, you're an achiever type, this thread/topic really just is not for you. Not every conversation is meant for all types of people, don't worry. You've put your 2 cents in early on of what you knew and they were taken in context. Now I'm looking for more hard concrete evidence about the original question which was never answered. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every thread of yours reads as trolling. There are thousands of hours of Enchanter experience answering your questions. You get answers and don't like them, and that's fine. Do your own testing and prove people wrong. Otherwise its all just a bunch of contrarian hot air.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto
wiki has no information about this, either of these topics, thus I created this thread.
Zipity linked the wiki Pet Guide earlier in the thread which has this little tidbit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Guide: "Attack Delay"
Attack Delay
A pet's attack delay is not affected by the delay on a given weapon. However, weapon slot choice is determined by delay (i.e. lower delay item will replace one with a higher delay).
Hopefully that answers your question about Attack Delay for pets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto
Interesting, so theorhetically speaking, dual weidling 2h weapons is possible then?
Negative, not sure how you made that non-sequitor. Higher level summoned pets (all classes) refuse 2h weapons outright at a certain point, in favor of using dual wield. The 2h tactic remains effective for charming, as many NPCs innately do NOT dual wield, and thus accept the 2hander, then get forced into dual wield with the offhand item (torch, shield, mandolin etc.). If that doesn't prevent it, afaik all 2h in game are Primary only, which would also prevent it.

My enchanter went from 1-55 solo in a few months playing very casually using a lot of the techniques and knowledge in Tecmos videos. I don't understand why you would discount his expertise, or a lot of the other information you seem to have rejected in this thread.

Had I leveled my enchanter using animations, it would have been agonizingly slow by comparison to charm. Lugging around armor and shields and 2handers for my agonizingly slow animations as well? Unimaginable.

ElectedTheWayofPain.gif
Closed Thread