Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nardani's are going for 15k now.

As a Paladin, that is 100% your best bet.
Last I saw them in the low/mid 20's but either way, yea it's the best weapon a knight can buy 55+. The proc alone is 6dps so even a SK with the lower piercing cap is going to have to have access to something much better.

Hell, I don't know. If they have dropped to the teens it's probably the best damn solo warrior weapon as well. Definitely once the 2h patch happens and the damage bonus scales a bit better.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Theres a posting in EC forums right now selling at 14k
Old 06-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Kobold

Reaver can hit some undead. I used it to level a lot from 50-60. I know of two zones where it works, at least. =)
Old 06-11-2019, 05:29 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzzzt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reaver can hit some undead. I used it to level a lot from 50-60. I know of two zones where it works, at least. =)
tell me!
Old 06-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Banned

Zombies, mummies and most skeles don't need a magic wep

Ghouls and frog ghouls etc do, some skeles
Old 06-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

To be honest once you can use it at 55 you can’t go wrong with Narandi lance. For paladins piercing and 2hs/b all cap at 225 so you don’t take a hit for going poker. 40/40 vs 44/45 is so close it’s a wash and the dot proc probably makes the lance better damage over time. Lance is good vs every mob in game, reaver is good vs most all but situationally borked.

If I wasn’t a tunare paladin with the easy to get and OP natures defender I’d use one for sure until I got epic. Lance is more dps than epic or ND but in my case 45ac and a stun proc is just too good to pass up.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-12-2019 at 11:25 PM..
Old 06-13-2019, 02:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest once you can use it at 55 you can’t go wrong with Narandi lance. For paladins piercing and 2hs/b all cap at 225 so you don’t take a hit for going poker. 40/40 vs 44/45 is so close it’s a wash and the dot proc probably makes the lance better damage over time. Lance is good vs every mob in game, reaver is good vs most all but situationally borked.

If I wasn’t a tunare paladin with the easy to get and OP natures defender I’d use one for sure until I got epic. Lance is more dps than epic or ND but in my case 45ac and a stun proc is just too good to pass up.
Im curious to know why Natures Defender is Op in your opinion. Its the reason I roll Tunare Half Elf. Other then the ease of which you can acquire it and looks way better IMO to the firery defender
Old 06-13-2019, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

45ac

I actually lose visible ac when equipping a shield. Shield ac is more potent but from parses I’ve run, hit for hit it’s comparable to wearing a 25 ac shield but end up taking a bit less damage mostly from fewer incoming ripostes.

Pair that with a strong ratio (not great mind you, but strong), 150dd stun proc with a -100 resist mod and nice stats it’s got it all. It looks cool as hell too.

Functional dmg output for now is on par with 27/29 hate blade and will be better after the last patch. It’s both frustrating and nice to have 2 setups that are so evenly matched. For me it’s sword/board when I need to bash casters and 2hander most other times for the mana saving aggro proc and the ability to land most any cast between swings with no loss to white dmg. It’s got that sweet spot delay for spell casts.

It’s good enough I won’t ever be actively working on paladin epic. I personally wouldn’t use any non-ToV or tunare 2hander over it. There are better ratios but let’s be real, we’re talking paladins who don’t put out a ton of dps. More damage from a low dps class is less important than the defensive perks from 45 extra worn ac. As silly as it sounds, it’s my highest worn ac item for now and still will be once I finish my thurg bp to finish the set for my alt.

Last edited by Troxx; 06-13-2019 at 09:28 AM..
Old 06-13-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Knights are the best aggro tanks in the game. From a tanking aspect the Natures Defender checks all the right boxes. Throw in the cool looks and ease of acquiring and there is no way I’d waste time on the epic to trade bash for the AC. Plus as Troxx mentioned slow swings make for easy casting without damage loss.

As an Erudite I picked up a Shield of the Stalwart Seas for like 400p. It’s not the ND but does give a nice cheap tank setup when teamed with a Sword of Blessings (45ac total and 104hps at 60 from the 20 stamina ). If you picked a more normal race and don’t have a ND a Clay Guardian Shield and Sword of the Morning is a very serviceable duo for taking hits and generating aggro. Again, for only 800p you can accomplish what a group expects from you.

I still think every pally who doesn’t have god/dragon loot should get a Narandi. It’s a solid DPS/tanking tool and one of the best jousting weapons in the game, especially for a class that can root and helm heal itself while the dot slows it from regenerating hitpoints. While solo work is fairly limited 55+ it does make for some impressive feats of you run across a mob that simply has to die (and you have 20 mins to needle it).
Old 06-13-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Solo work I actually found the paladin surprisingly capable. I actually ding’d into and out of level 59 while soloing and probably did about 1/4 of all my 55 xp this way while lfg. I averaged ~35dps with only self buffs and worn haste so kills were 2-3 minutes of fighting plus whatever time was involved with self healing. Could score a dark blue kill per 6-7 minutes ... or about the same xp over time as a full group averaging a dark blue kill per 60-80 seconds. Not bad when you think about it; you just have to be selective about where you hunt. Duo with a necro (2-3x kill speed plus heals) was my favorite duo there.

KC in the turnkey room was perfect. Easy lull single pulls to a safe spot with mobs that are mostly all dark blue at 59. I did a lot of helmet healing until 59. At 59 time spent medding and using celestial cleansing was only a hair less time efficient than spamming that helmet. It allowed me to manually cast a better buff and also have a more relaxed session. It’s so much more chill to just semi-afk med vs having to click that helmet over and over ( and over and over and over).

Narandi is super nice. I’d have gotten one if I didn’t already have ND. The dot proc, as mentioned above, is a huge boon to the solo paladin. 32-36/tick for 1.8 minutes is a free 600-650 damage that cooks the mob away. Over that same time period you can helmet heal yourself for 1200-1800 in free clicks.

Last edited by Troxx; 06-13-2019 at 01:24 PM..
Closed Thread