Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default Requesting Feedback on New Wiki Feature: Loc Maps

So while I should have been taking advantage of the generous XP bonus weekend, instead I found myself playing with a new wiki feature. The idea is simple: wouldn't it be nice if you could go to a mob's page and see a map of the mob's zone with a big red "X" indicating where the mob is.

Well, that idea is a reality ... sort of. I have it working for one zone, Eastern Wastes ... and even that zone I've only tested with a handful of NPCs on my own machine.

If anyone has time and could try checking some NPC pages of NPCs in that zone (just mouse over the "Show Map" link next to the loc to see it) and then report back any issues or problems, I'd appreciate it. If you do have problems, please report which browser you were using.

Also, I'd be curious to hear which zones people would like to have this feature implemented in next.

Finally, I wanted to mention a new page I added a little while ago; the Notable Updates page. I try not to pester the forum unless I need feedback or I make a really big change to the wiki, but myself and other wiki-editors make lots of great additions all the time.

Unfortunately it can be hard to find these changes on the wiki's Recent Changes page (in part because of all the Magelo edit), so hopefully this page can be a way for myself and anyone else who edits the wiki to let interested parties know of new additions.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-04-2019 at 10:20 PM..
Old 07-04-2019, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

Great job, works fine for me, i think cities would be the best first place to start, due to mob density.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds pretty not classic
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listening to you cry was not classic either, so if you could either stop that or leave, that'd be great
Old 07-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great job, works fine for me, i think cities would be the best first place to start, due to mob density.
Good point. I've added Rivervale, and will try to add more city zones next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, just like all the other http://wiki.project1999.com/Unclassic_Bits in P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Sometimes I wonder if you are spoiling the secrets that make this game great, but then again its inevitable, if you dont someone will.

Sometimes though I think these are best kept on paper in peoples houses...

Idk how I feel about this one bud. This wiki may turn p99 into live with people using overlays and shit idk... unavoidable sure, but it sure will ruin things quick if in the CORE wiki to p99 its telling new players how to basically MQ2 without MQ2 :/
Old 07-05-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listening to you cry was not classic either, so if you could either stop that or leave, that'd be great
Lol you sound new here.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Lol you sound new here.
you sound intolerable here. and you're still here. need to be shown the way out?
Old 07-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you sound intolerable here. and you're still here. need to be shown the way out?
Belligerent and loud as well, good start old boy

Quote:
Old 07-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Kobold

Great feature.
Closed Thread