Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Aviak

Default UI: Tiny Chat Log Crash: Custom chat log with <1 line crashes upon first output??

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriamjh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This same issue attacked me earlier today. I suspect it was caused by spawning a new chat log, redirecting OOC to it, shrinking it to <1 line, and waiting for someone to OOC. It also may only be triggered after restarting, such as when the chat log is output to while <1 line and containing 0 lines.

My client even 100% CPUd the first time I re-sized this window to <1 line and tossed other, prior UI changes. After 5 nearly immediate freezes this morning I re-size the window and am mysteriously crash free.

This is with the standard install plus the three zip packs (2 + old UI) and really nothing else changed but the extra chat log and hot keys.
Hopefully this is a bug with the UI mod that can be resolved. I'd personally assume it to be a bug with the client, especially considering we are all using a retail-disc version.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

I've noticed this before but was never a huge deal. If there is text in the chat window and you resize it to the point where you can't see anymore text, the game locks up and you have to ctrl alt del out.

Again was never a big problem, just know not to resize it very small.