Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bard song cast bar going away randomly?

Hey everyone, so I made a Bard alt recently and something I noticed, that is driving me crazy, is the cast bar keeps disappearing. Does that happen to others as well?

For example, I start to play a song, the cast bar pops up for maybe .5 seconds, then goes away; almost as if I missed a note, or got stunned/interrupted. So assuming the song got canceled somehow, I hit the button again to replay it, only to realize it did not get canceled, and I have now just canceled it myself.

I've a died a few times this way already because Ill be in a bad situation, have a couple mobs beating on me, then go to hit my Selos to quickly bail out. I hit the Selos, the cast bar pops up for half a second, then disappears. In the middle of me getting beat, I just assume my song was interrupted, so I hit the button again, but now I've canceled it myself. Takes me like 1-2 seconds to realize what happened and why I don't have speed yet, so I then I hit the button again, and hope that I live long enough for the next 3 seconds before the speed finally lands.

I tested this without any fighting as well... just simply standing still and casting 1 song after another (haste, regen etc.) About 50% of the time, the cast bar pops up, then goes away...but 2 seconds later, the effect lands on me.

So it seems like the songs are actually continuing to be played, but there is just no cast bar being shown to me that it actually is indeed being casted.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Orc

This is a bug for bards that has been, from what i'm aware, in since the beginning of P99. I don't believe this is getting fixed anytime soon. You have to get used to looking at your song/spell gems to see if they are grayed out or not and the spell effects coming off your character when you start casting a song (to know your songs are still running) also looking at the combat chat spam to see missed note messages or song messages your using. I set up a ghetto rigged gina timer that works off the "your song has ended" message to fix some of the problem with an imitation 3 sec timer but its not 100% perfect. I also have gina alert me with sounds when i get a missed note/resist message. Unfortunately its something you have to deal with playing a bard on here. You get used to the broken casting bar eventually though, just takes time.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Shock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You get used to the broken casting bar eventually though, just takes time.
Yes, I don't even notice this anymore. Remembering back, it was jarring at level 20 in Unrest trying to do crowd control - downright frustrating. Eventually like System said you get a feel for context and know more intuitively what's happening without the UI bar being necessary. Sorry there is no easy fix!
Old 08-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Kobold

Are you pressing Alt+S by accident?
Old 08-10-2020, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Rated 2 stars as this thread prompted a negative emotional reaction. OP is just the messenger so out of pity I didn’t go all the way down to a single star.
Closed Thread