Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

So put me down for a wipe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

And for those worried about polls, there's a pretty long track record on not worrying about public opinion on here (which is fine).
Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhao [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you people talking about a server wipe are obviously worthless garbage newbs who want to spread your misery around to the players who don't actually suck and have stuff already. Anyone talking about a wipe needs to just seriously stfu.
I love you, Zhao.

Kylien Jellybean <Storm's Fury>
60 Ranger - Erolissi Marr
Old 11-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

Nerd rage about a wipe, interesting. Velious comes around, you're maxed out on loot, you have nothing to do all day but stare at ogre and troll asses in EC tunnel. You'll be crying for a wipe, or quit.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

noo wiping i just got to level 3 x.x and that took long enough between work and class. lol
Old 11-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nerd rage about a wipe, interesting. Velious comes around, you're maxed out on loot, you have nothing to do all day but stare at ogre and troll asses in EC tunnel. You'll be crying for a wipe, or quit.
This is an interesting point.

What do we do when Velious has been out for a year?

This is one reason I hope they NEVER shut off all the rare loots that SOE did. It will add something to do.

What happens then? Open luclin and then freeze it?

Keep it running and open another classic server?

Or just wipe it after 18 months and start new?

Or do we just leave it going until there's effectively no one playing anymore? I personally would love to do classic again and again, but I'm wierd. I plan to make a lot of alts if they just leave it up.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:12 AM
Sarnak

What warrants a wipe? What major game-changing fixes were made? Oh I know, none.

The only people who want a wipe are those that are behind and want to cut down those at the top so they can try again (and likely fail again). And this is coming from a guy severely behind (37) who, due to recently acquiring tons of free time, would pretty surely be the first necro to 50 if a wipe were to occur.

So yea, I'd love a wipe, for personal gain. But it's a retarded idea.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Yes because it's all one big conspiracy theory to get on top right, you are totally without foresight son. It's all about keeping the dream that is everquest alive.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please be patient and avoid drinking any of the conspiracy juice.

Here's to hoping for a peaceful future.. <3

-nilbog
...THEORIST!

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Aviak

What the hell? Why are people asking / suggesting a server wipe? For what purpose? So you can "catch up"? Catch up to what? 50? So you can be "first" or "second" at downing Vox and Nag?

Asking for a wipe is pointless - unless some "huge" exploit was found where 75% of the server population found a way to level from 1-50 in 24 hours or some bullsh*t like that.

The point of this server isn't to be "first" on anything (10 year old content) - it's to have fun and play it from the beginning.

Oh, and I have a 24 warrior and a 17 necro, so I'm not some level 50 complaining about not wanting to restart.

You guys that are asking for a wipe remind me of people that use the whistles in Mario Bros. 3

Have fun and play at your own pace
Closed Thread