Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Large Bat

Yes, NaNoWriMo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I've won the NaNo challenge the last 3 years in a row, though this last year was particularly rough on a personal level and I just barely squeaked in my 50k words. I have been working on a series of books. I submitted my first novel in the series to the Amazon ABNA contest but failed at round 1 with the 300 word "Pitch".

@Lecompte Dusang what specifically did you want to know? About my writing or game development?

Come play with us!
http://visionsgame.com
Old 03-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

NaNoWriMo... Nationwide November Writing Month?

Game development. And writing.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Large Bat

Na = National
No = Novel
Wri = Writers
Mo = Month

I failed my first year, then won the next 3 years.

I have been making games with a volunteer team since 2003. We made a game called Chariots that was released in 2008. I also made a card game called Messiah, a Pint&Play board game called Treasures in Heaven, an Elvish language ap called Pedich Edhellen, and our flagship project that we're still working on is Visions. Visions is a Christian MMORPG set in the ancient Roman empire during the time of the early church. Players will experience life as a Roman citizen, learn a profession, and complete quests. We've experienced 5 engine changes, and finally have an engine that can handle the seamless zones and the massive world that I have designed. We've made many breakthroughs and hit new milestones with the Bigworld engine that we've never accomplished before. It's slow going with a volunteer team, but we're starting to get some of the functionality working that we've wanted, and it's starting to get fun. It does keep me busy but I've learned a lot while doing this. I primarily work on the design, the art, and the worldbuilding. I'm not really a programmer, but I can copy-paste-modify Python scripts when absolutely necessary. Thanks for asking! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Come play with us!
Last edited by Sparkling; 03-20-2014 at 06:50 PM..
Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yup. SOE has already made their bajillions of dollars selling all these products to me. I didn't even feel the tiniest twinge of guilt (which normally, I would) when using the Sparrow method.

Tymothy - Human Enchanter and part time Qeynosian lamp post.

Kryll - High Elf Cleric of Tunare (like I had a choice)
Andumar - Half Elven Bard, because I guess I like support classes

Ever de-level just so you can hear the "ding" sound again? Uh... yeah... me neither...
Old 03-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

If you've bought the games already then I'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal to just download the game. Installing it is really easy off of ISO's and it is basically the same process as putting in the game discs themselves. I hope you make it into the game, the server is really great.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Large Bat

Yes I have 17 of the 19 expansions (I think, kinda lost count). I've definitely bought the games. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Some of the expansions were download only expansions though so I don't have discs for them. Just wish the EMU would work with the Gold pack, because I have the Gold box. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Had to be the one I didn't get. LOL Thank you all so much for your encouraging words!

Come play with us!
Closed Thread