Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you don't sound all that happy bro.

u sound mad.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Orc

Who cares? Like really? If you don't want to group with them, and you are just duoing w/ whoever it is you happen to be duoing with and they make a comment because of that... really.. who cares?

Did it change anything? Did it effect your gameplay? No, ignore it and move on. If you aren't doing anything wrong, nobody will do anything to you. If you are, well you should probably stop.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Kobold

Did you even read the first post? It states quite clearly how his gameplay was affected.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why, is this something I should expect to put up with often? I would love to hear from other couples who have had to deal with people accusing them of a bannable offense.
It's a pretty rare occurrence. Sometimes people get cranky when you don't invite them to your group when they know you have room. That's happened maybe once or twice to me. Tho, people are usually understanding if you are polite and explain to them the situation.

If the situation gets really heated over a camp dispute then you can petition a GM to intervene.

It's kind of a mixed bag on the server. I would say that the majority of players are reasonable. There are a small amount of griefers, but also a good amount of people that very kind and helpful.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizerud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you even read the first post? It states quite clearly how his gameplay was affected.
Technically he is right, but only because his grammar is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinztz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did it effect your gameplay? No.
The use of the word effect instead of affect is the key here. If Kinztz is, in fact, stating that the OP's gameplay was not effected (executed, produced or accomplished) by the unnamed roguish character then he is accurate in that the OP most likely began playing this server of his own accord. If Kinztz meant, the more likely option, that the OP's gameplay was not affected by the unnamed roguish character then he would be incorrect in that the OP's enjoyment of the game was actually impacted by the event.

So, Kinztz is both right and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

When I play EQ with my armless wife, everybody thinks I'm 2-boxing. Just because I have to move her character for her and speak for her doesn't mean I'm 2-boxing. SHE HAS NO ARMS, PEOPLE!!! Have some compassion.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Aviak

I wish my wife would play EQ with me. I got her to play WoW for about as long as I could stand to log into that game, but EQ just scares the crap out of her.

"What? They don't tell you where to go and what to do? How do you know where you are going? How do you know they have a quest for you? Why won't it tell you what you are getting before you do the quest? That is so unfair. What do you mean by 'grind'?"

Yeah, so now she plays Farmville and I have to put up with you wierdos! gg WoW. Thanks for screwing it all up! Anyone got a hanky? I need to go pout in a corner. Or at least log in to dispell the snare on some random druid's kite mob, to make me feel better.
Branlenio Sprocketmender <Disciples of the Gods> -- Gnome Magician
Amahn <Disciples of the Gods> -- Wood Elf Druid
Alhbie Eurhuckelberry -- Erudite Paladin
Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I play EQ with my armless wife, everybody thinks I'm 2-boxing. Just because I have to move her character for her and speak for her doesn't mean I'm 2-boxing. SHE HAS NO ARMS, PEOPLE!!! Have some compassion.
Awesome...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lols were had by me.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

2boxing is the most common allegation when people get butt-hurt and want to make a retaliatory petition. Fortunately, I've got enough sense to spot those, and I'll tear the petitioner a new one just as quickly if they're the ones causing the problem.
Closed Thread