Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

I mentionned level 55 just for the sake of an example.

If a 50 mage can solo him, I don't see why a 50 necro can't?
Old 10-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter, shaman, bard can all solo it at lvl 50, probably a deranged ranger as well
Old 10-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Add him to the green classic solo artist challenge!
Old 10-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter, shaman, bard can all solo it at lvl 50, probably a deranged ranger as well
See, this is why I'm so skeptical. I have a Shaman as my main, and with all the toys (including Torpor, which is basically level 61 for Shaman) I still die fairly often when I try to solo level 60 mobs. Even cons of any level are hard (even < 10, but especially once you leave the newbie zone), and max level ones more so ... even non-casters. Resists suck (50 Shaman don't have Malo), and if you can't slow or root something that's your level it's going to beat the crap out of you, quickly.

I'm not saying it's impossible: you can do a lot of silly stuff if you're willing to run around in circles for days. But I guess maybe we're both reading this differently. When I think "can solo it" I'm thinking reliably, like the class can farm the mob, and not take several hours to do so.

When you say it, are you thinking "it's possible, but you might die 50+% of the time", and we're just meaning different things? Or do you really think a 50 Shaman can reliably kill an even con (and specifically the OOT lizard)?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-09-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Old 10-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

I’m saying I could kill it 100% of the time on those 3 classes, they solo it better than a mage, the necro would have to get super lucky landing spells bc they can’t chain a 490mana pet that isn’t as strong as a mages.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m saying I could kill it 100% of the time on those 3 classes, they solo it better than a mage, the necro would have to get super lucky landing spells bc they can’t chain a 490mana pet that isn’t as strong as a mages.
"Fraps or it didn't happen" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Look, as a Shaman, what do you do when your slows get resisted? Which they will fairly often because it's hard to land stuff on an even con?

Again, I'll grant that if you're willing to spend long enough running in circles you can keep making attempts on a mob despite needing to make a hard resist check. But A) that takes forever, and B) even then, there's limits.

You don't have mana-free epic damage or JBB damage in classic. Your only "mana free damage" is your pet, and of course if you leave him alone with the mob he'll die fast. When you run out of mana, you have to sit and med (or maybe cann-dance, briefly, but no Torpor + Cann).

So you try casting on the lizard, and maybe you even get lucky and land a slow initially, but then he resists a bunch, and ... then what? You can run around and med up, but any damage you do will fade while that happens, and you're back to square one.

I'm not just trying to argue, so I want to be clear: I'm not in any way saying a 50 Shaman can never kill him. I'm just trying to understand your strategy for dealing with limited mana and a bunch of resists from an even con.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-09-2019 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

I’ll do it without slow, listen loramin just because I’m in another league you don’t need to get angry, I don’t have a 50 shaman but I’ll go fraps me killing it on a 47 enchanter and send it to you. The same concept would apply to the shaman killing it.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I’ll do it without slow, listen loramin just because I’m in another league you don’t need to get angry, I don’t have a 50 shaman but I’ll go fraps me killing it on a 47 enchanter and send it to you. The same concept would apply to the shaman killing it.
First off, no one here is angry, unless you are. I'm just trying to get you to explain your claim.

Same problem with root then: what do you when root gets resisted? Or are you somehow going to run him around un-slowed and un-rooted while he takes minimal DoT damage because he's moving (from the few rare DoTs you even manage to land on him)?

If this is so obvious, why not just explain your strat? It will take a handful of sentences to do so.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

It’s more fun this way, want to make a 5k wager for each class, bard, sham, ench. I’ll kill him lvl 50 or below on each, self buffed, naked.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It’s more fun this way, want to make a 5k wager for each class, bard, sham, ench. I’ll kill him lvl 50 or below on each, self buffed, naked.
That might be considered RMT so I'm not going to bite.

But look, you're acting like I'm asking you to report your deepest and darkest fears or something here. You wrote:

Quote:
I’m saying I could kill it 100% of the time on those 3 classes
Not me. But you still haven't answered whether that "100% of the time" includes hours and hours of running around with the lizard behind you, desperately trying to land stuff on an even con. If that's what you mean, then I have no disagreement with you whatsoever, so just say so.

But if you mean, "I show up on lizard isle with a nekid 50 shaman, and in 10 min I guarantee there's a lizard corpse and no Shaman corpse" ... great! I'll 100% believe that too. All you have to do is use the English language, the same way you have in past posts, to describe how.

Closed Thread