Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Aviak

The only reason I posted this is because I had actual proof that I was not breaking the rules, and Sirken refused to look at the actual proof no matter how much I pleaded and even offered to donate (not reverse the ban) to just look at the proof I was offering. He ignored all my requests and simply banned me.

But yeah... I guess asking 9 years of "review" is too much to ask.

Such is life.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boenz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason I posted this is because I had actual proof that I was not breaking the rules, and Sirken refused to look at the actual proof no matter how much I pleaded and even offered to donate (not reverse the ban) to just look at the proof I was offering. He ignored all my requests and simply banned me.

Such is life.

Thanks.
sucks.

not surprised.

try posting a petition with proof now, perhaps you'll have better luck. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2018, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boenz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Such is life.

Thanks.
Attempted bribery?
Old 12-03-2018, 11:35 PM
Banned

it's smelly to use sirkens 1 misdemeanor conviction as justification for full amnesty for all elf criminals

this is like a prosecutor getting a dui stoppit
Old 12-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Kobold

Shitty thread, pretty mad at myself for clicking
Old 12-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attempted bribery?
It does look like bribery to look at the "proof", but he said that the donation wasnt for a reversal. That seems legit to me.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:02 AM
Aviak

Sirken will be placed on paid administrative leave pending further investigation.

We are sorry for any convenience this may cause you.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

imagine not breaking any rules in the first place.. Whoops too late
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

I’m embarrassed to have played red. The thread got killed by awful red player posts.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No disrespect, but championing for banned accounts to now be unbanned because Sirken has stepped down seems like an unrealistic expectation.

Maybe if we all donate $20 to the server PayPal, Rogean will hire a legal team to sort all this out. Donate today!
In principle it's admirable, though yes at this stage an unrealistic expectation due to lack of resources.

Having said that I have little faith that with suitable resources that this would even get considered. There's far too much of a boys club approach to how this server was run with the majority of focus and time spent on top end raid guilds with a nasty level of bureaucracy that's frankly embarrassing.

As for Sirken, I think this highlights exactly what was stated at the start, he was good for a fulfilling a certain role and the question is, does that success absolve him of the faults?
Clearly not, as it turns out, however it makes you question whom put him to task and more importantly, let things get out of control?

Sirken reminded me of a liberal parent. They try to be your friend(if it suited him) and not your guardian.
This isn't difficult. Decide on the rules, higher people to enforce them objectively and consistently.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 12-04-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Closed Thread