Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Qeynos isn't packed because all the quests there get you to 20 in like five hours. All the smart players roll there if they can. Plus EC being buff city makes it more attractive for a new player. When the SFG port comes in on the last server patch I doubt it will see much more activity or influence besides rendering Everfrost pots worthless. Unless you are racing for like Miragul o.0
Old 12-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

1-15 in EC with buffs is the fastest and most consistent way to level yourself that early in the game (unless direct plvl or dragon tooth), bar none.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-15 in EC with buffs is the fastest and most consistent way to level yourself that early in the game (unless direct plvl or dragon tooth), bar none.
Gnoll teeth are still borked giving whole levels in moments.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Leveled most of my guys in Blackburrow (if not using bone chips etc) them teeth are great - also luv Qeynos and Rodcet Nife's interplanar vehicle
Old 12-13-2018, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I essentially leveled from 5ish to 15 saving all my gnoll teeth. I'd turn them all at once and go from 15 to 19 or 20 just from the turn-ins.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Kobold

The reason why "the run" feels so long is due to the outrageously retarded size of the Karanas compared to all the other zones. Moment I make a character in Qeynos I just do some gnoll tooth farming and fuck off to Commonlands/North Ro for any additional teens grinding since that's where the traffic resides. So yes, a port to Surefall would make Western Antonica feel less backwoods if only a little. And no, the size of the Karanas doesn't make the world feel "big" it makes it feel empty. Plus the texture stretching of the terrain textures in those zones (which I think was a 32x32) always looked putrid compared to the Commonlands where the textures looked more put together.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 12-13-2018 at 10:07 PM..
Old 12-18-2018, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

The game was designed around the bulk of the population being below level 40. That's why this server isn't really a classic experience. When I was playing, up before Luclin launched there were still groups always in Blackburrow, Gorge, Aviak City, West Karana (bandits or scarecrows) with soloers hanging out at Permafrost entrance, or wisp isle or Lake Rathetear. Here there may be 900 people online but 600 or more are 50+, another 100 are in EC tunnel and everyone else is doing Unrest/High keep /Mistmoore
Old 12-18-2018, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

that ramp leading from East Karana to highpass... ooof, that thing is a back breaker
Old 12-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Aviak

Why not allow Wizards to use the lower level Evacuate spells again?
Old 12-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It might be coming eventually? One can hope
You have a good memory. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=15

These areas are very unpopular with established players. Usually the ones you see there are very new players to p99 or perhaps a few solo classes who are twinked. The port can only help.. certainly people will be less scared to bind in qeynos and try when a druid is 5 min or less away.