Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 04:56 AM
Sarnak

Just wanted to add that I've never had to use WinEQ2 for any reason. Why are you?

P.S. You may find that the ENB isn't worth it as it's very crude adaptation from a template for other games. It eats performance unnecessarily.
Mileage may vary, though please let us know your impressions.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to add that I've never had to use WinEQ2 for any reason. Why are you?

P.S. You may find that the ENB isn't worth it as it's very crude adaptation from a template for other games. It eats performance unnecessarily.
Mileage may vary, though please let us know your impressions.
from what ive been able to read on forums, WinEQ2 helps increase performance on more powerful systems in a 64-bit OS. i personally dont use it and my game runs well.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
from what ive been able to read on forums, WinEQ2 helps increase performance on more powerful systems in a 64-bit OS. i personally dont use it and my game runs well.
Seems strange that it would benefit faster systems. Even with high levels of AA(and negative LOD bias), the client is tapped out at 60fps on a singular GPU.

For me, Win EQ2 seemed for either helping low end computers run smoother and/or fixing glitches like mobs warping slightly <---but mobs do that anyways because of the client, so bit of a moot point.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Aviak

ENB doesn't really decrease my performance all that much, there is a slight FPS drop but it's not enough to really deter me from using it, I still really enjoy the effects.

And I use WinEQ2 mainly because the regular client's windowed mode starts in a great position, but if I accidentally move it, it 'snaps' to a lower position, albeit slightly, and cuts off tiny portion of the bottom of my screen. No matter how much I drag the window up, it still naturally locks in a lower position. Could be a Windows 8 thing, either way, WinEQ2 stays exactly where I want it.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ENB doesn't really decrease my performance all that much, there is a slight FPS drop but it's not enough to really deter me from using it, I still really enjoy the effects.

And I use WinEQ2 mainly because the regular client's windowed mode starts in a great position, but if I accidentally move it, it 'snaps' to a lower position, albeit slightly, and cuts off tiny portion of the bottom of my screen. No matter how much I drag the window up, it still naturally locks in a lower position. Could be a Windows 8 thing, either way, WinEQ2 stays exactly where I want it.
I am glad to hear it's working well for you. Keep in mind, most people have it with Ambient Occlusion turned off. Try enabling that and the other features.

Your problem might be a Windows 8 thing, however have you tried the following:

Drag your window using the top border into the position you would like it to be. Do this in a single click and drag motion - do not repeat it multiple times(as that resets it each time). The window won't stay where you placed it but that's all right. Now open the options and set it to full screen, then back to windowed. It should be at the position you originally dragged it to.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Blade, ditch that shitty WinEQ2 and use https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming I am assuming from your comments on the issue, that you play with a nearly fullscreen window anyway. This will just make it a fullscreen window without any alignment issues that obscure part of the window.

Should make ENB play nice as well as it doesn't mess with EQ in any way.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Aviak

Yonnec, keep being great people~ Thanks.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blade, ditch that shitty WinEQ2 and use https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming I am assuming from your comments on the issue, that you play with a nearly fullscreen window anyway. This will just make it a fullscreen window without any alignment issues that obscure part of the window.

Should make ENB play nice as well as it doesn't mess with EQ in any way.
That's false, this program doesn't play nice with the Titanium client and will inevitably crash you just like ALT+ENTER will when switching to fullscreen from windowed.

It's still a windowed mode, no matter how it looks or what the developer says. As far as your client and your GPUs are concerned you will still suffer the same drawbacks as you do in a windowed mode.

The only benefit of this program is that if you are using a client that doesn't allow windowed mode, this will force a pseudo mode.

If you insist on playing windowed mode, then as previously mentioned, simply drag the window where you want it to finally rest, open options>switch to fullscreen mode>switch to windowed mode. Now it's permanently set.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's false, this program doesn't play nice with the Titanium client and will inevitably crash you just like ALT+ENTER will when switching to fullscreen from windowed.

It's still a windowed mode, no matter how it looks or what the developer says. As far as your client and your GPUs are concerned you will still suffer the same drawbacks as you do in a windowed mode.

The only benefit of this program is that if you are using a client that doesn't allow windowed mode, this will force a pseudo mode.

If you insist on playing windowed mode, then as previously mentioned, simply drag the window where you want it to finally rest, open options>switch to fullscreen mode>switch to windowed mode. Now it's permanently set.
You have either unfortunately never used BG, or have too many redtube viruses to be a valid point of study.

I guess the hundreds of hours I have logged using Titanium client and Borderless Gaming on multiple computer setups with zero crashes lie? This does not force anything, it does not change anything, it fucking centers the window on your monitor such that you can't see the title bar at the top or the desktop behind it. It does not have the ability to make any program "windowed" that does not window itself already. It does not fuck with the inner workings of the executable, it does not inject AIDS into your hard drive and thankfully it does not leave a stick residue on your keyboard in the middle of the night as you sleep. It jiggles the window around on your desktop to be more aesthetically pleasing to everything except apparently you. Actually, oddly enough, it does exactly what you suggest, just better than we ever could. Unless you possess robotic arms, in which case I apologize.

OP presented a problem and asked for a solution while taking into account certain preferences of theirs: Windowed mode that doesn't move around + Injector. Hopefully my suggest in some way assisted, yours certainly did not. Perhaps take that into account before getting oddly butthurt over someone else's opinion. A better response would have been to suggest Wineq2 + BG for optimal win. I will suggest it now.
Last edited by Yonkec; 04-22-2014 at 12:21 PM..
Closed Thread