Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 11:29 PM
Large Rat

Have not played p99 in ages, but check up from time to time to read patch notes etc. I totally understand why the AE groups are a problem, as they can totally disrupt an entire zone. I played a wizard from 99 to 2003 and ran many AE groups. Back then we were nice about it and would only AE group late nights in empty dungeons. I see today people are not being so honorable. Our best pull ever was 120 mobs in Seb at disco right on the stage. Our average was 30 to 60 mobs per pull and we could normally maintain that. I did not have a great connection, I did not have a great computer. Turning particles all the way down and looking at the floor while mobs were up is all you needed. Same method used in any situation back in the day, raids with 100+ players did the same, people still did that.

However, AE groups were not without risk. Full group wipes happened often the puller was a death sentence, even with runes they would die every few pulls. I think this is where the problem is with P99 AE groups. They are way safer and produce gobs of XP and loot. Instead of nerfing AE's and killing a totally legit method of play why not fix the problem by reducing XP for those types of groups.

As a guild we would AE fear yard trash to clear the zone for CT, this was not mass amounts at a time but was constant and we would rotate wizards and enchanters for medding while they chewed rods and were twiched.

btw if you want a real AE group challenge, Charsis.

--edit--
Even still have a screenshot of 30+ in the same location described above. attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg discoae.jpg (98.5 KB, 18 views)
Last edited by Nerocon; 10-20-2016 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: screenshot
Old 11-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to be rude, but why did this fix take 6 years?
This didn't really fix anything though. Bards can still pull as many mobs as they want. All this patch did was eliminate a part of the game that was kinda fun. The possibility of AoE grps.

I don't mind if they made it completely impossible for bards to solo. I like grouping 100x more and rarely swarm kite. With that said, I still don't get why people think this is a good fix. Its definitely a step in the right direction, but imo doesn't fix the root problem. It breaks other parts of the game in an attempt to fix another thing and that is never good.

You can even argue it makes the swarming problem worse, in that its taking mobs away from other players for a longer duration. The pulling bard can still pull 100 mobs, it just takes longer to kill, which in turn leaves more mobs in their swarm, which means less mobs for others for a longer time period.

/* edit
Theres also only about two zones where this is a problem. DL and OT. Well, Oasis too. The oasis should be a concern as its a lowbie zone and that actually does suck when a bard goes and sweeps the entire zone. Make swarming in Oasis suspendable. I've personally never swarmed here and never would, but have xp'd here while a bard was doing it and sucked. As for DL/OT - Can't bards get one zone to do their thing in?
edit */

All i'm trying to do is give constructive criticism which I think the owners of this server appreciate? hopefully? If they dont want bards soloing that badly, just make it punishable or something. Don't take away from other classes in the process.
Last edited by getoffmylawn; 11-02-2016 at 11:23 PM..
Old 11-04-2016, 11:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

How does one update these files if using Wineskin to launch on a Mac?
Old 11-21-2016, 09:45 PM
Large Rat

Hi, I'm a pretty casual player here, but I haven't been able to log in since this patch. I've attempted updating my files many times, but I continue to get the error message upon logging in.

Any suggestions? The files in my directory are seemingly up to date. Never had a problem before this patch.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

there is another patch after this one
Old 11-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Default Not Original

I used to Swam Kite with bard back in the days yes with 56k connection and yes it was lagging and yes i was managing the lag while swarm kitting.

IT WAS ORIGINAL EQ

Everquest == Bigger the danger is , bigger the reward is and it what make it so great about this game.

Haters ... jealousy ... they will always be part of this world. and they just won the round.

When i was Swarming with my bard on Project 1999 , It was challenging and a mistake kill you. It what make a good video games. The challenge VS the reward.

Now with 25 Targets .... I mean we play a totally different EverQuest then back in the days and I am not glad about it.

The reason of 56k and graphic card .... gimme a break . On project 1999 Disable all effect make your graphic run the lowest possible , remove everything that calculate from the chat there just way to do it .... like it always been.

I killed my bard 60 for EEs from 60 to 46 since now there no point into logging my bard the one things he was good at it , he now bad at it.

But Once Again ,
Haters ... jealousy ... Cryers ....

The won this round like every round.

I would be polite but you know what I think .....

Anyway i sold for Over 1 Million PP plvl 1 50 into the server i did my money and thanks for it.
Last edited by Nahilu; 11-26-2016 at 11:59 AM..
Old 11-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahilu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to Swam Kite with bard back in the days yes with 56k connection and yes it was lagging and yes i was managing the lag while swarm kitting.

IT WAS ORIGINAL EQ

Everquest == Bigger the danger is , bigger the reward is and it what make it so great about this game.

Haters ... jealousy ... they will always be part of this world. and they just won the round.

When i was Swarming with my bard on Project 1999 , It was challenging and a mistake kill you. It what make a good video games. The challenge VS the reward.

Now with 25 Targets .... I mean we play a totally different EverQuest then back in the days and I am not glad about it.

The reason of 56k and graphic card .... gimme a break . On project 1999 Disable all effect make your graphic run the lowest possible , remove everything that calculate from the chat there just way to do it .... like it always been.

I killed my bard 60 for EEs from 60 to 46 since now there no point into logging my bard the one things he was good at it , he now bad at it.

But Once Again ,
Haters ... jealousy ... Cryers ....

The won this round like every round.

I would be polite but you know what I think .....

Anyway i sold for Over 1 Million PP plvl 1 50 into the server i did my money and thanks for it.
Lol
Closed Thread