Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Orc

Default 59 Ranger with Fungi but no earthcaller, where to solo?

I just dinged 59, did most of 58 soloing capt in KC. should I stay here or are there better solo xp camps? I have a fungi, swiftwind, but i dont have earthcaller for the slow.

Looking for the best xp options considering our server pop and what not
Old 09-17-2016, 12:17 PM
Aviak

You can fear kite in Bear pits pretty easily. It will take maybe 15 hours played to do the whole level.
That or Mammoths in WW is pretty good but they have a lot of HP.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

If you've got a good thing going on at KC, keep it up and see how it works out. Guardians are blue still, right? Pretty much looking for dark blue spawns you can chew up semi efficiently.

Fear kiting seems like a good option because face tanking really benefits from slows. Perma would definitely be your best option if you can figure it out. WW w/ good CoV faction is safe as long as you keep an eye out for burrowers.

It did forager cycle for my last 20% of 59 and there's another slow / safe grind spot I'll mention once my friend hits 60.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Could also just swap in a swarmcaller until slow lands maybe? 3 min duration seems like it should be enough for one proc to last the whole fight. Takes my paladin about 5 minutes to kill a ravishing, but obviously ranger dps would be better.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 09-18-2016, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

I'm curious, how do you fear kite in the pits without making big trains?
Old 09-18-2016, 02:35 AM
Banned

Carefully.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Carefully.
Not really, it's super safe and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious, how do you fear kite in the pits without making big trains?
snare whatever mob and run it into the safe room, have it follow you along this arrow back towards the ramp room and as it hits the corner, start casting fear. Your fear will land before it hits you and it will path to the large rock in the safe room before it breaks.
Dogs and bears do not social spiders, which you can't fear anyways, so I just ignore them.
To split, just snare one of the mobs from apack, root the rest out of the safe room, root and resnare the one you want to keep in the safe room, and relog. Because of the snare bug, the mob will be waiting for you where you left it and the rooted ones will path back.

Honestly, if you ever have more than one mob on you down there, you are either not paying attention or don't actually know how to play everquest. If you're 59 and can't manage your aggro radius, I can't help you.

Did 52-56 in a weekish fear kiting.

http://i.imgur.com/UeotcWF.png

Edit: If the animal starts pathing towards the ramp room instead of the safe room, it's because you were standing on the wrong side of the mob when your spell landed, just recast fear and it will turn around, you have plenty of time to recast it before it aggros anything.
Last edited by Porky; 09-18-2016 at 12:52 PM..
Old 09-18-2016, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

you did from 52? think it would be possible at 49, or would there be too many resists?
Old 09-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you did from 52? think it would be possible at 49, or would there be too many resists?
If you get resisted at 49, which you will at least once or twice per mob, you're gonna get bashed trying to recast it. Depends how well you can tank the mobs, they hit fast and hard.

If you have a fungi and a manastone like my ranger, it will be no problem at all.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

The Bears hit hard and CR is a pain, I wouldn't recommend at 52. Yes to swarmcaller til proc then swap two dual wield recommendation: and swarmcaller only costs about 100-200pp.

You can easily solo at entrance to KC until 60 if you wanted, outdoor zone with harmony makes pulls from captain safe, easy to get to zoneline, and a great spot to steal buffs or find literally anyone to duo with.

I'm sure there are other good spots to solo but as the above said, there's a reason people stick to KC. It's easy to group, duo, or solo those mobs without fear of losing xp or, even then, not getting a rez.
Closed Thread