Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 12:03 PM
Orc

Default Corpse poof timer extension?

Would that work though? If you apply a loot lock to a corpse, you cannot extend the corpse poofing timer, can you?
Or if you can, what happens when the intended looter arrives and the locking person stops looting? Would the corpse not poof immediately so that the intended looter cannot loot it anymore?
Old 03-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Kobold

"Locking" a corpse was to prevent people from swooping in while your authorized looter was on his way. This didn't extend the poof timer (if memory serves).
Old 03-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously on high priority targets with high priority items, I can understand this rule being in effect. But on corpses that have negligible value (twenty drolvarg gnasher corpses left to rot in Dreadlands) I could understand why this rule might seem less applicable.

I think it could be cool if there was a link to server rules which included this rule so that people can point to it, not rely on a GM to verify it on a per post basis.

As my final perception on it, negligible value corpses, if left to rot unlooted, should be prone to the corpse possession timer, not an arbitrary decision by the original killer who clearly doesn't value the corpse, but wishes to leverage his subjectivity upon others.

Thank you for verifying Llandris!

Just to put another perspective out there. Most bards pull and kite in the same spot of a zone every time. If you are in his pull area, looting his corpses, and he returns with another pull. He risks training you, for which he could get banned.

So maybe he was telling people not to loot the corpses as a way of keeping people away from his kite spot so as to have less risk of training them.

Just a thought.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would that work though? If you apply a loot lock to a corpse, you cannot extend the corpse poofing timer, can you?
Or if you can, what happens when the intended looter arrives and the locking person stops looting? Would the corpse not poof immediately so that the intended looter cannot loot it anymore?
You CAN NOT extend the timer. If you are "looting" and the timer ends, you will get kicked out of the loot window and the corpse will then poof. Tested it.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, a corpse is more like a communal bank for the force that created it, that destroys itself and any items in it after 7-30 mins.
According to game code, it's a communal bank for the force that created it until the possession timer expires, then it becomes an open communal bank for everyone, then destroys itself.

According to pure game code, loot rights expand to the entire population of the server once the corpse possession timer expires. Pure game code.

Obviously, pure game code is at odds with server rules.

That's my orc pawn corpse, bra. You loot it and you're getting banned.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to game code, it's a communal bank for the force that created it until the possession timer expires, then it becomes an open communal bank for everyone, then destroys itself.

According to pure game code, loot rights expand to the entire population of the server once the corpse possession timer expires. Pure game code.

Seriously, apply to a top end raid guild. P99 needs more rule lawyers like yourself to make sense of things.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Can I pick up a modulating rod that was dropped on the ground?

Serious question.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I pick up a modulating rod that was dropped on the ground?

Serious question.
Did you ask the mage that dropped it and/or other user that dropped it? Show me where this rule is written!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2017, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

I died while filling out the paperwork for the acquisitions of said mod rod.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I don't see how they are at odds.

My group kills an orc pawn, I tell your group you may loot a scalp. This is allowed by the rules, and only possible because there is an unlock timer as part of the game mechanics.

The rules also allow my group to kill orc pawns and tell your group not to loot orc pawn picks. Perhaps our inventories are full, but we don't want other people getting in on some of our sweet pawn pick monopoly.

Rightly or wrongly, on this server corpses belong to the people that created them. Just because you can loot a corpse / train a party using the game mechanics doesn't mean the rules should allow it.

Oh, on a side note, if the loot wasn't a big deal then surely you wouldn't be fussed over whether you are allowed to loot it or not?
Closed Thread