Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys have any recordings up? I dig some of that stuff, usually depending on the vocals more than anything. Candlemass has some awesome tracks.
I got some old shit from yesteryear if I can find it, I haven't really done anything serious since like late 2009 early 2010 because the Indianapolis D.I.Y scene has stagnated a bit and lost several people as they moved to Pennsylvania to do bigger things and the scene was so dependent on sharing members
Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[IMG]hatredalive.com/fastestfeet.jpg[/IMG]

I don't have any pictures of my basses. Newest one is this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also own an MM OLP 5'er, a Rogue 5'er (Which rules!) a Peavey t-40 that's all busted to shit, a custom fender fretless 4 and a 4 string Ibanez acoustic bass.

www.hatredalive.com/melloweffect87final.mp3

Someone just asked for someone to record a bass track over his drums.
Thats a slayer poster in the back. Awesome.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab "The REAL truth" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Figured as much, metal bands and shredders have been talking JCM900 up for years so pretty much any Marshall head unit you see at huge retail chains will be a JCM900 or it's offshoots.
LOL it's funny that you assume what his style of music is from that picture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL it's funny that you assume what his style of music is from that picture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know homeboy shreds, you don't just chunk that much cash in high profile gear without cranking that shit to 11 and balls to the wall it

and that's the real truth
Old 06-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Aviak

Here's a sample from our latest CD.

hatredalive.com/nmsamp.mp3

Live a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkrSqFF0F4Y

Not much for videos of me playing bass. A couple on my Youtube account.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab "The REAL truth" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never liked MM's because the humbuckler system, the sound was too flat and rounded which some people like the sound but I much prefer single coil because it has such greater potential for adjustments to add high gain and tone control
I am about as far from a gear snob as you can get... which would be one of the reasons I love my Rogue. I think people get too caught up in their sound, personally. I can play through virtually anything and be happy.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am about as far from a gear snob as you can get... which would be one of the reasons I love my Rogue. I think people get too caught up in their sound, personally. I can play through virtually anything and be happy.
Tone is 50% the other 50% is talent...

You can be the most talented player in the world but if the sound coming from your speakers is equal to a cat getting run over, then your talent won't shine through because shoddy craftmanship, cheap effects, and mismatched wires can create hell on ears.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

Good players will sound good on just about anything. I've seen a video of Joe Satriani playing some kid's plywood strat through a tiny starter amp, filmed with a cheap digital camera and then run through the horror of youtube audio processing. He still sounded great. Obviously there are exceptions, but gear in general doesn't matter at all. (Yes I still want to buy that $4000 amp though!)
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Tone is 50% the other 50% is talent...

You can be the most talented player in the world but if the sound coming from your speakers is equal to a cat getting run over, then your talent won't shine through because shoddy craftmanship, cheap effects, and mismatched wires can create hell on ears.
And the vast majority of tone comes from technique.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good players will sound good on just about anything. I've seen a video of Joe Satriani playing some kid's plywood strat through a tiny starter amp, filmed with a cheap digital camera and then run through the horror of youtube audio processing. He still sounded great. Obviously there are exceptions, but gear in general doesn't matter at all. (Yes I still want to buy that $4000 amp though!)
Big Satch always be sounding bad to the Cab, I watched that G3 summit shit he did awhile back and it near put me to sleep because it was like 4 hours of Hendrix covers and solo wars between Vai, Satriani and Malmsteen I couldn't feel any energy.

I dig all types of music to an extend (some shit is just intolerable but that's more the select song than the genre) but people that play nothing but extended solos that have some of the weakest riffs make me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread