Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because of people like you

*cringes*
?
Old 08-31-2021, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Fam is right about the griefing on Red. There’s a reason why it hasn’t survived while the other server has…it’s because the players drove everyone away by griefing them otherwise Red would still have a healthy population.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

If red was so great it wouldn't need the same 7 people constantly spamming and crying over no Red 2.0, sorry no one wants to play on a dead server with 17 people who will grief them any chance they can get.
Old 08-31-2021, 06:17 PM
Banned

Not exclusive to EQ though. Many classic WoW pvp servers were ruined when the dominant faction, even with just a 60-40 split began to farm/corpse camp the other faction to the point where it became 90-10 or even 99-1 ratios

Most people are wimps and want to play with the winners. They also don’t want the challenge of being the underdogs. Human nature at its finest
Old 08-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They also don’t want the challenge of being the underdogs.
There's underdog status, and then there's facing off against a delevelled rogue with a 60 druid, 60 chanter, and more following him around to make sure he's guaranteed to win. Underdog implies you have a chance, no matter small... There is no chance for victory against conditions like these on red.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-31-2021, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's underdog status, and then there's facing off against a delevelled rogue with a 60 druid, 60 chanter, and more following him around to make sure he's guaranteed to win. Underdog implies you have a chance, no matter small... There is no chance for victory against conditions like these on red.
I’m sure not every encounter was that setup, but I was mostly referring to being the underdogs such as being the 30% side of a 30/70 server split in WoW. So what happens is players don’t like being in 1v2, 1v3 or 1v4 pvp encounters, and so they switch sides or switch servers to one where they are the majority, and the ratio just snowballs

When in reality, being in a constant underdog scenario tends to make people more skilled at pvp. It takes quite a lot of skill to pull off a 1v2+, while it takes (and develops) absolutely none to gank someone with 3 other people
Old 08-31-2021, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When in reality, being in a constant underdog scenario tends to make people more skilled at pvp. It takes quite a lot of skill to pull off a 1v2+, while it takes (and develops) absolutely none to gank someone with 3 other people
Back during Live I played on Sullon Zek for the final couple of years I spent in the game there. I think the team ratio on that server ended up being something like 80% Evil, 15% Neutral and 5% Good. Could be wrong on the actual numbers but I believe that's what it was like. Evil had most of the world, Neutral had a few choice spots like Highkeep, and Good had maybe like two cities to themselves they were semi-safe in.

As a result, you had the Good side as the most infamous and disruptive on the server. When they came out, they messed folks up. Many here know about Fansy the Famous Bard I'm sure.

It's just a shame that underdogs don't get much credit for accepting that extra bit of challenge, and the same goes for WoW too. Alliance would get griefed and trash talked to hell despite being no-skilled by the Horde on a server with a 90-10 advantage. I respect the Alliance a hell of a lot more in that situation. But that's partly why I've quit PvP entirely, it just feels pointless when the pendulum swings in one direction that heavily, and it inevitably always does.
Last edited by tadkins; 08-31-2021 at 07:17 PM..
Old 08-31-2021, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Getting ganked a few times and having to learn PvP and get better or 40 hour list camps its a real tough choice. Luckily for me I'm unemployed and on welfare so 40+ hour camps for big ticket items isn't really a problem. I also really hate working for stuff and if I can just sit somewhere and get the best items why the hell wouldn't I?
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Last edited by Jeni; 08-31-2021 at 07:17 PM..
Old 08-31-2021, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting ganked a few times and having to learn PvP
Honest question though, how much "learning" can one do as a caster facing some SK in hyper twink gear with 255 MR or something?
Old 08-31-2021, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

You make a solid point red probably needs a fresh server and your made up scenario pretty much never happens. The only people currently playing red are blue players who couldn't handle the Raid scene and like one Red PvPer named Tune I'm pretty sure.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Closed Thread