Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 05:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was late after a long EQ session and I believe I was also drunk. I had just made a transaction that netted me a couple thousand plat (big money to me at the time). Rather than opening up the bank UI, I proceeded to open up a trade with the banker and hand him all my plat.

Palm -> Face when I immediately realized what I had just done.
And this is why you can no longer trade with bankers. lol
Old 07-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
half an hour for an entirely wiped raid force. boy do i love EQ-for-dummys (post Velious)
it wasn't the entire raid, just the couple of groups who didn't have the flag to get up to his room that were waiting for ghetto port. less than 15 people. Fortunately a cleric was AFK (and out of range) and lived and started ressing people immediately. It was kind of a best case scenario wipe.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the original days (99), me and a few friends had the very real belief that the angle you had a mob lined up in your viewport in first person view affected your hit rate.
It does. You will deal an average of 15% higher dps from behind the 180 degree line due to lack of secondary mob defenses like dodge, parry, riposte, etc.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does. You will deal an average of 15% higher dps from behind the 180 degree line due to lack of secondary mob defenses like dodge, parry, riposte, etc.
I think he means "I'll hit the mob for more if I angle my screen to the left so my weapon doesn't have to reach so far".

Atleast, that's what I used to believe! That, and that distance mattered (ie being closer made you hit for more / get hit for more, further back did less).
Old 07-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Aviak

Back in early '99 on Veeshan I managed to struggle my way to level 15 as a monk in Qeynos, knowing virtually nothing about the game. Faction was confusing to me, as was evident when I accidentally attacked my guildmaster and figured that meant my faction was destroyed and he'd never talk to me again. So I deleted her and started over.

Fun.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsic
Back in early '99 on Veeshan I managed to struggle my way to level 15 as a monk in Qeynos, knowing virtually nothing about the game. Faction was confusing to me, as was evident when I accidentally attacked my guildmaster and figured that meant my faction was destroyed and he'd never talk to me again. So I deleted her and started over.

Fun.
Oh that is brutal!! This is the best one so far!!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

oh hey I guess I blocked this one out of my memory. My brother said "hey, let's restart on rallos zek; I hear the pvp element is really good roleplaying."

and the rest is history.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Kobold

practicing instill doubt in a mistmoore XP group.

we followed him into the teeth of the pit mobs instead of running, with predictable results.

sorry guys it's never worked before :S
Old 07-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Kobold

I was in an all rogue guild on Mithaniel Marr called Silens Dauthus. One day a few of us were messing around in the West Freeport arena and a wizard from one of the high end guilds invited us to a group. We joined up and before we realized what was happening he managed to bind a few of us in the middle of the arena. He had me stuck in a death loop for a good 15-20 minutes before my guildmates managed to recruit some help from other high level players through /shout or /ooc
Old 07-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Large Rat

My friend was playing with a mid level mage at the time, and I decided to play that char for a few minutes, to summon some bandaids and whatnot. I get on, peruse his spells, see he can summon weapons too. I decided they were awesome, summoned up a bunch of Swords of Runes (pre-nerf when NPC's couple proc) and handed them out to the Orcs and Skellies in W Freeport so they noobs would have some decent weapons...

3 dead guards, 15 dead noobs and an angry gm wiping the zone to reset the rampaging lvl 1 mobs later, I got his account temp banned...
Closed Thread