Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dial a port is a unifying force here. It doesn't exist when books exist.
DAP works on P99 so well because they are the only means of transpo, and even with books enabled they are still needed for alot of places.

like Jimjam said ports aren't a major social element of the game

ports are an unreliable hassle that is needed to go and pursue the social elements of the game
Old 08-07-2023, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats harsh man! Reminds me of the time I ground dropping a fungi tunic + full suit twink gear and going LD during the character exchange. Logging in to find your bag poofed. Rage quit and log in a few days later to find the fungi on the chest of your character. So either I actually forgot to put the tunic in the bag, or the eq gods felt bad for me.

Still lost like 20k in other miscellaneous twink items, but not my prized tunic!
Wow man that suuuuucks
Old 08-07-2023, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

For anyone unsure, if you have TAKP installed you can pick PQ from the server select screen.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh c'mon

ppl are gonna whine and piss and moan until every feature that makes TAKP better is removed

then it's gonna be P99

leave the xp bonus and PoK books in-game, why is it so important that we are all beholden to wizard/druids for transpo? We've already had years of that back on live and a decade of it on P99

its nearly impossible to make a "purist classic eq" server so why not just make one that's fun to play?

ya'll did such a great job with TAKP, that's what has everyone so excited for PQ

please don't pull a Nilbog on what is already perfect
The xp bonus being gone is bad for the player, but very good for the server.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

I'm excited!
Old 08-07-2023, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh c'mon

ppl are gonna whine and piss and moan until every feature that makes TAKP better is removed

then it's gonna be P99

leave the xp bonus and PoK books in-game, why is it so important that we are all beholden to wizard/druids for transpo? We've already had years of that back on live and a decade of it on P99

its nearly impossible to make a "purist classic eq" server so why not just make one that's fun to play?

ya'll did such a great job with TAKP, that's what has everyone so excited for PQ

please don't pull a Nilbog on what is already perfect
I agree with the overall sentiment here that we shouldn’t bog this new project down with requests until we ultimately ruin it…. But I’m just saying the one negative from eq post velious was the pok books decimating player interaction, as well as shrinking the worlds size and depth with insta click teleports. Most can agree this to be the case, no? That to me and many others IS unfun. Im just suggesting that, in my very humble opinion, Eq post velious would be better served trying to preserve the social etiquette and spirit of EverQuest by keeping these aspects of the game intact when starting the server. That doesn’t necessary mean we remove pok books in response…I’m just highlighting the elephant in the room from a p99 player’s perspective.

Obviously I don’t expect Secrets and Co to cater to my requests, I’m merely making a suggestion as a passionate fan of the game.
I’m not trying to annoy or step on anyones toes as I only want the best for this server and it’s fan base.

Very happy Secrets is even undertaking this project, so I’m not trying to come across as ungrateful! Super excited for the server regardless of the QoL choices they make!

If i don’t enjoy it I always have p99.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-07-2023 at 09:59 PM..
Old 08-07-2023, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Ports to Luclin and PoK along with an official hub were inevitable. The bigger a world becomes, the more spread out servers will become, Verant/SoE knew this even before SoL's release by even acknowledging the importance of the Freeport area was to the playerbase as a defacto hub hence why RoK/SoV had entry points in its backyards along with exits from endgame zones like Plane of Sky and Veeshans Peak.

And outside of ports; The biggest issue with SoL is that it was a half baked expansion with many zones feeling barren or pointless. Had they took time with SoL and maybe waited another year to iron out not just the zone designs, mobs, and even the revamp player models, I think that expansion would've been better remembered.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For anyone unsure, if you have TAKP installed you can pick PQ from the server select screen.
Pass

I’ve only still been in velious twice ever

Never seen Lguk

Never seen mistmoore

Never seen sebilis or KC

Never seen velks, or crystal caverns

Or HS

Or any of the other planes

So when it comes to seeing a new expansion….on green
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2576.jpg (19.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-07-2023, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Yes please let’s keep Druid’s and wizards being taxi cabs. It’s so engaging to dial an Uber port. Druids and Wizards are a lot more useful in PoP and transforming them into useful classes is an improvement over niche raid nukers or port/PL bots.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pass

I’ve only still been in velious twice ever

Never seen Lguk

Never seen mistmoore

Never seen sebilis or KC

Never seen velks, or crystal caverns

Or HS

Or any of the other planes

So when it comes to seeing a new expansion….on green
How have you never been to Mistmoore?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread