Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

How does the Warding Star factor in? I know that Guard causes agro, AE agro I have heard.

Is the agro still generated if people in the group have a higher level version of the buff that makes guard bounce?

Assuming no one in the group has any other AC buff do you get agro per person in the group that it landed on for every mob in range?

I am playing my first tank so forgive me if these questions are stupid. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 06-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Warding star is not good agro. I have tested it out. It is used as a dps wep. I am using rmoy and Blade of the Black Dragon eye. Those 2 are the best agro weps you can buy.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warding star is not good agro. I have tested it out. It is used as a dps wep. I am using rmoy and Blade of the Black Dragon eye. Those 2 are the best agro weps you can buy.
I appreciate your input but you didn't answer my question. Perhaps it wasn't good agro because everyone in your group had a buff higher than guard and so the proc wasn't landing.

Was the proc landing on your group when you were testing? How many were in your group? Is it AE agro?

Asher
Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

Guard is not an AoE buff. The AoE aggro component would be from you buffing yourself against any mobs in range that have you on their hate list. Buffs are very little aggro and so it is not a useful aggro weapon except where it pertains to its high DPS.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

Bumping this thread for a little info. Can someone explain what the proc on Trochilic's Skean does? Does it stun/Dot at first and then only dot after every few seconds? or does it stun/dot and then stun/dot every few seconds after when it dishes out poison? Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 AM
Decaying Skeleton

The research I've done, via Steel Warrior and Live experience. Stun procs at some point were capped at 400 hate live, so they may be more now. A debuff is considered 75% as effective as a stun proc, or 300 hate. Rune agro is AoE for what seems to be double the rune amount, not sure, you have to be on the hate list for rune agro. Proc Damage is flat hate. As for Proc rate. Standard is 1 PPM at 105 DEX, 1.5 PPM at 205 DEX, 2 PPM at 305 DEX. It is a linear progression. Off hand PPM is Half. So, .5 PPM at 105, .75 PPM at 205, 1 PPM at 305. Now you know.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Trochilic's Skean should stun and apply the DoT. It will only Stun once initially, then just the DoT will remain.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Damn, first real smurf thread I really read for tanking infos and was let down by title [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can any of you blue people please define Best in Slot MH/OH for Warrior tanks? - Thanks

We on red believe 2x Rmoy is best
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 AM
Sarnak

Rmoy prob best until you can land Botbde / epic / VP weapons

Seems most top end warriors using either Epic or Veldrak's Shortblade out of VP or Sword of the Shissar (BotBDE VP upgrade)
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Fire Giant

blade of carnage ftw. velious out tomorrow
Closed Thread