Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Default Vanilla EQ items you thought were sweet

So the first time thread was fun, and it made me want to start another thread. We all know now what items are uber and what are trash, but back in the day some seriously noob gear seemed SUPER baller.

Lets have some fun reminiscing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Lockjaw vest, and glowing wooden crook. I hunted lots in oasis vanilla EQ, and if you somehow were in a group that managed to kill mother fucking LOCKJAW, and got the glowing wooden crook, or the lockjaw vest, that was some serious bragging rights.

2. Greater lightstones, this was such an important item, and a hot commodity back in the day

3. Giant snake fangs

4. Chitin shield from upper guk, if you walked around with a chitin shield, you were the shit!

5. Discovering that you needed magic weapons to hit undead, and mesh gloves from guk, and boots, were big time for monks and warriors to kick back in the day.

those are the main ones, when vazaelle came out I made an ogre shaman, and grinded sisters on sister isle in oot for hours and hours and hours, and I was one of the first people with enough plat to buy a full set of small, shiney as hell, platemail for my reroll woodelf warrior lol. Her name was bled alcohomaholic, got her to like level 44 or something.

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 07-25-2015, 02:02 AM
Banned

I spent some good time trying to get a complete set of mesh for my first character, a necro. The Gossomer robe was like the most powerful item for so many weeks after launch, I miss the era where anything not leather or rusty was as good as it got.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:30 AM
Kobold

Envy and Woe. I feel like these were considered uber twink gear back in the day, at least on Drinal. I was so confused when I never saw anyone wielding this pair of sexy on P99, until I googled the stats and realized just how few of us had any idea what the hell we were doing in this game back then.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Totemic helm on my barb shaman. Those horns were so cool.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:31 AM
Banned

pally sword with the flames on it, before epic
Old 07-25-2015, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Steins. Life is good if you are running around with a stein.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:37 AM
Sarnak

I loved the crafted Karan deity full plate. Wiz on every piece!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

Langseax on the Warriors. Damn was that sweet.

Screaming Mace - A proc, on a weapon!!! So awesome

Skull of Jentra - Mana offhand, hellll ya.

Rusty Halberd - I distinctly recall leveling my paladin with one of these because it allowed me to hit for 20, never mind I would swing every 5 seconds, I HIT FOR 20!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

Gossamer Robe , Bone Bladed Claymore , Thulian Claws - and of course any piece of rubicite - especially arms because nobody had those
Old 07-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Short Sword of Ykesha was hot as fire back in the day (pre Kunark)...I even traded a manastone for one back in 1999 (before the stones got removed).

Rubicite Breastplate was another top favorite. I camped it for 19 non-stop straight hours to get mine. What's cool was I was the last person on our server to get it to drop...this was the weekend before it got removed. 19 non-stop hours at AoF, haha. I saw a total of 10-15 people come and go in my group. Ended up in a full Fires of Heaven group (played on Veeshan), they let me have the drop.
Closed Thread