Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. Making it randomly given to someone on the list regardless of position will just make it ripe for guild abuse. If the list is 200 people long, for example, and it includes 100+ players from some guild who has just packed their members onto the list, you are essentially moving yourself back towards the scenario the list was designed to prevent (i.e. a guild trying to ensure Manastones only go to its members).

Sure, it wouldn't be 100% guaranteed to go to members of that guild, but just packing your members onto the list ensures high odds that someone from your guild will be getting the drop.
Ya right manastone could not drop for 30 hours straight so you are spending 30x100 for a chance at a manastone and still possible someone else is there to win the roll not in guilds. Even someone who just showed up for the last spawn it dropped on.

That is some rank ass logic. No guild would waste all their members collective time like that.

the lists will have more "random joes" on it but guilds aren't going to pack the list. This is only because right now random joe has 0.0000% of getting a stone. that's the only thing that will change with my idea.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya right manastone could not drop for 30 hours straight so you are spending 30x100 for a chance at a manastone and still possible someone else is there to win the roll not in guilds. Even someone who just showed up for the last spawn it dropped on.

That is some rank ass logic. No guild would waste all their members collective time like that.

the lists will have more "random joes" on it but guilds aren't going to pack the list. This is only because right now random joe has 0.0000% of getting a stone. that's the only thing that will change with my idea.
I think you greatly underestimate the neck beard guild obsession with monopolization
Old 12-03-2019, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you greatly underestimate the neck beard guild obsession with monopolization
Dude this current list system is much more open to neckbeard abuse.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:16 AM
Banned

supply and demand isnt fair

i should have top legacy pixels and play 2 hours a day

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

how about enjoy your casual time in a casual way and not obsess over this stuff
Old 12-03-2019, 02:27 AM
Skeleton

perhaps killing the names could award you points (or maybe the faction system be used?). List would then be sorted by total points accumulated instead of the current list time stamp. You tag the mob, you get a point. You get the item and your points are wiped.

This would reward total time invested, not just relatively short sock bursts which others have mentioned is unhealthy and only seems to promote the block play it was intended to curb.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

the kill thing just leads to abuse. Consider a handful of SKs about to HT it down in an instant an or enc/cleric/bard wiping its hate last at the precise time just before their buddy lands a big nuke on it.

Need to be random. Solves so many problems from bullshit multi-users on one account and people upset they have to clear PH/spawns "for other people to get loot". Everyone has a realistic chance of getting a stone, just like in classic. put in more time still rewards someone camping it with higher chance of getting one eventually.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

Crazy that people have the sort of time to sock this shit. I mean with the system in place no casual can get these items. However, for the die hards, if your willing to invest the time you will for sure get your item. I have no way to fix the system but it seems that if people are really this invested in game ... may be worth wasting a weekend or taking a couple sick days from work to ensure u get a manastone and then never worry about it again. But once u commit to camping it, make sure you have the stamina to see it through. For me, that’s not a possibility nor a sacrifice im willing to make for a legacy item or two. If you are, consider taking the plunge, head first, and be done with it.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 12-03-2019 at 03:06 AM..
Old 12-03-2019, 06:49 AM
Fire Giant

The only fix I'd like to see is an ip check. If you go LD and log back in with a different ip it should kick you from the list.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:58 AM
Fire Giant

IP check doesn't matter cause people are using team viewer or whatever remote desktop software. People are also playing their own character on green and then remoting into a char at one of these camps, i.e. 2 boxing, which is against the rules, but good luck trying to figure out who's who.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Remove /list entirely. Fix drop-rates to classic. Communicate well together. Server now better.
Closed Thread