Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also believe the world is only 6,000 years old and think evolution is a conspiracy theory against Jesus.

You truly are a fucking idiot aren't you. What does the belief in a god have to do with believing the world is only 6000 years old, or in Jesus?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanzinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You truly are a fucking idiot aren't you. What does the belief in a god have to do with believing the world is only 6000 years old, or in Jesus?
hahahahahha you poor bastard
Old 01-14-2011, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

If you believe you definitively know whether or not a God exists, to the extent that you could tell another person "the truth", you are an idiot that lacks the ability to think critically.

There's belief and there's non-belief. There's no "knowledge" to be had on the subject.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Sarnak

There is a word I currently use...for all of you...people. You people type in the same "I'm intelligent, I know things, I'm above religion, blah blah blah...I mock the world cause I'm insecure" tone yet most of you probably attended something like a second or third tier state college (or never attended college) and read book from people like Richard Dawkins while thinking "I'm so logical and above the rest and if people don't agree with me then they must be wrong." If you didn't attend college you've probably invented reasons like "I'm anti-establishment" to justify why you have any semblance of legitimate knowledge.

The funny part is while most of you denounce religion and go on about ideas of science/logic/evolution/whatever, most of you probably have just as vague idea about the intricacies of these subjects as you do about the intricacies of religion. This is perhaps the saddest part in all of this. The come back here will be "I have a degree in blah blah blah, I know things." All I will do is laugh if I see them.

There is a difference between religion and the organization/politics surrounding religion. Further, while you stand firm against religion, you might not realize that ideas of morality in the western world is strongly based in judeo-christian ethics. Call whatever your idea of morality whatever you want - it's likely most of these ideas are rooted in religion. Consider - why be moral? State will punish you if you don't? If you stop yourself from being immoral - what brings you to act correctly? What you call "I am in control of my mind, i do what is right, blah blah blah," I happen to call "indoctrination by the state." The stat ein return gets the indoctrinating ideas from religion.

Now, the word I call you folk. Neckbeards. You're all god dang neckbeards. Full of yourselves yet total idiots.

[IMG]http://pugetsoundblogs.com/bremertonbeat/files/2008/10
Old 01-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Sarnak

Haw! The intricacies of religion. Good one. Simple point being made is that there is no logical reason to believe in magic. That's what video games are for. You really think you're gonna live forever? Get ready for disappointment.
I also love when people make the argument that ethical philosophy somehow depends on theology. "If you don't believe in god, then what stops you from being a sociopath? I know I'd be a sociopath if I wasn't worried about God! Luckily I'm also scared of going to jail... but if there were no cops and no god I'd stab you in the face for disagreeing with me!" Durp. You can't see any reason for ethical behavior outside a religious context?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:18 AM
Kobold

In before young atheist?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you believe you definitively know whether or not a God exists, to the extent that you could tell another person "the truth", you are an idiot that lacks the ability to think critically.

There's belief and there's non-belief. There's no "knowledge" to be had on the subject.
/thread
Old 01-14-2011, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

"religion is the opium of the people"
(karl marx 1843/44, german philosopher, political economist, historian, political theorist, sociologist, and communist revolutionary)

"believers of any religion are just too lazy to think"
(mitic 2010, everquest ranger)
Old 01-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Send a message via AIM to zenoo

You guys need to read some Philosophy books on this subject before pretending to have come to any sort of meaningful conclusion, whether you are an atheist or a theist.
Zenoo-65 Enchanter (POP)
Closed Thread