Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

Default Ranger fear kiting locations

So I'm currently level 52 but have no fungi or Earthcaller but have Swiftwind and sky cloak. I play in off peak hours so groups are hit and miss but mostly miss. What are some good fear kiting spots 52+? I think WW was mentioned but are there enough mobs to make it worthwhile and which mobs are considered animals in that zone? Are there any other zones people would recommend besides permafrost bear pits? Ive seen some other threads similar to this but each kind of goes off in a different direction and the question is forgotten without many suggestions given.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

Some Tigers are still blue in OT at 51. Don't know about 52 as they are starting to green out.

Are there any velious giffons that can be animal feared of an appropriate level? I too will be watching this thread with interest.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Kobold

If you are friendly to Dragons, then WW is the place. Mammoths, Rhinos, Wolves. They don't summon, as long as you keep them feared you should be good. The biggest problem is, when they respawn they have a chance to spawn a Wyvern in their place, dwindling the population.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive seen some other threads similar to this but each kind of goes off in a different direction and the question is forgotten without many suggestions given.
That's because there's only a certain number of places fearable expable animalable 50+. It's a tool you have. But the reality is there's not very many places to utilize it. Look on wiki for zones w/ animals and look at their level range. If you're waiting for a great outside the box suggestion, bear pits was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest problem is, when they respawn they have a chance to spawn a Wyvern in their place, dwindling the population.
Which sucks so incredibly bad. I had at one point thought for sure that WW was gonna be the holy grail of ranger soloing. Shared spawn points ruin the zone until it reboots again.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-26-2016 at 01:05 PM..
Old 10-26-2016, 01:37 PM
Kobold

I think you could probably do rhinos and walruses in EW until 54 or 55.

My advice, though, would be to spend 50pp on a Swarmcaller and stick to the lowest possible blue-con mobs you can. The trio of ogre mercenaries in EW is a good spot (solid faction, too) where you can single-pull with harmony and enjoy 6-minute respawns. If you don't mind trashing barbarian faction, you could also use the same strategy with guards in Everfrost.

Really, though, if you can find even one other person to group with, you'll level much more quickly and less painlessly than you will soloing as a 50-plus ranger. Even with, say, a fearing SK partner, you could kite stuff like geonids in WL. This as an alternative to a shaman, cleric, or necro partner for more traditional indoor xp.

Oh, and what about Sol B sonic bats?
Old 10-31-2016, 02:18 PM
Aviak

How about fear kiting spots for 30+?

Ranger is currently 34 and doing cougars in IC. Wondering if there are any better old world spots (less hp and whatnot) I could hit to level up before it's time to hit kunark/vel
Old 10-31-2016, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about fear kiting spots for 30+?

Ranger is currently 34 and doing cougars in IC. Wondering if there are any better old world spots (less hp and whatnot) I could hit to level up before it's time to hit kunark/vel
I don't think you can find a place that beats alligators in CT at that level. Good through 36 or so.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:37 PM
Aviak

If you want to stay in IC the wolves on the portal rings Island is a tad higher than Cougars, but can be a drag to pull and share spawn with giants (I Think). Overthere has tigressess and Rhinos of differing levels that can be killed through many levels, Think I was there between 37-48 or so off and on. Also plenty off other people passing through for random buffage and easy to find ports out.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Griffons will take you close to 50. North Karana is a good spot for them, especially if the rabid griffons still spawn. Might need to wait a few levels until you can start doing them.

Probably stuff you can do in Overthere. Some tigers con blue at least till 51.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you can find a place that beats alligators in CT at that level. Good through 36 or so.
Im here now , face tanking though in the hallway between the blue and green water pools. Is there a safe way to use panic animal here? I'm nervous they will aggro the ones in water. I guess any advice here would be helpful, thanks!
Closed Thread