Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 08:57 PM
Aviak

Default 45 troll shaman reroll? and casual end game solo question

I have a 45 troll shaman that was my first character on the server, haven't touched him in years because the tear price went from dirt cheap to insane. He's got max True Spirit faction (but no epic). His gear is garbage except for JBB, gobbo earring, 5/55 rings, and clay guardian shield... the rest is banded. My main question is, should I save up for a fungi and reroll ogre?

The second question: I don't have the time to commit to raiding in the foreseeable future, but what content could I be soloing if I did take him to 60 as a NON-raid geared troll in gear like this (w/ torpor but NOT puppet strings):
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Test353
I know I won't be doing WW dragons in that garbage but how much does slow trivialize end game shaman farming targets for the crappily geared? or should I be tempering my expectations to cliff golems...
Last edited by Hakubi; 05-30-2018 at 09:01 PM..
Old 05-30-2018, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

I don't think it's worth rerolling. FSI is nice but a tad overrated. Trolls/Iksar/Barbs can all solo the exact same things an Ogre can. You already have max faction and a JBB, just keep trucking till 60.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

I played a level 60(-plus) Barbarian Shaman on live, with no regen or FSI. Then I came here and made ... a level 60 Barbarian Shaman ... because I had zero regrets about not being an Ogre. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing, but FSI seems fairly niche to me, and certainly not worth re-rolling at 45.

As for earning money, I'd recommend checking out the wiki's Treasure Hunting Guide. It can give you a good sense of what a Shaman (or any good soling class) of various levels can camp.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-30-2018 at 10:39 PM..
Old 05-30-2018, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

There is really nothing an ogre shaman can solo over a troll/iksar/barbarian

FSI does make some fights a tiny bit easier in that your constant spam of canni and torpor will never be bashed out. But it's not like the other races can't keep torpor on themselves all the time anyway they will just get interrupted from time to time so they loose a few seconds of casting, as long as they have the mob slowed and didn't let their health get low for no reason 1 interrupted cast isn't going to kill a shaman with torpor ticking

My shaman is dookie geared but has epic and torpor. Basically if a mob is slowable and doesn't hit for over 300+ and he can get it solo pulled, he can kill it... It just takes an annoyingly long time
Old 05-31-2018, 03:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Would you enjoy redoing 1-45?

Are there enough spots you missed out on, or would like to revist from the first time round?

If you can find the fun in it, then sure, why not?
Old 05-31-2018, 05:20 AM
Large Rat

Anytime I come back to the game after a break, I reroll. It's tons of fun for me. But some see it as a grind. Ask yourself if you want to revisit the lower level areas or if you're interested in hitting 60.

Also I tend to be in the camp of play the race you want vs. playing the race that is min/max optimized (also I think frontal stun immunity is overrated and regen is superior).
Old 05-31-2018, 05:39 AM
Aviak

Thanks guys guess I'll push through to 60 on him. I do have JBB but forgot what the process was for these levels... just spam until root breaks outside of melee range then reroot? or do I slow and face tank with the dog?
Old 05-31-2018, 06:20 AM
Fire Giant

On my shaman I didn't have epic until 60 and for the most part I solod to 60 but I did have jbb like you (basically saved for it specifically)

I slowed and let the dog build a bit of aggro then spammed jbb until mob was dead, occasionally dog would loose aggro but depending on how much health the enemy had left would determine if I would root (if low health just keep clicking) if high health then root and back off on the jbb spam a little
Old 05-31-2018, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys guess I'll push through to 60 on him. I do have JBB but forgot what the process was for these levels... just spam until root breaks outside of melee range then reroot? or do I slow and face tank with the dog?
It depends on the mob. If it does a ton of melee damage you might want to DoT, root (in which case you'll probably want to use the cheapest root, the "Root" spell) and JBB.

Most of the time however you'll waste a ton of mana that way, and the whole point of the JBB is to save mana, so most of the time you'll be better off either tanking or having your pet tank for you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:09 PM
Banned

I have an ogre shaman but sometimes I think about the cool things Trolls gets.

They get extra regen and clickies. Both of them are useful but I would put those advantages below Stun immunity ogres get so I'm not exactly unhappy with my decision.

However extra regen certainly would help and there's situations where I wish I had snare and think having a troll shaman would be useful. For example, people around here know I camp crypt names a lot. One of the dangers is they can flee when they are low health into other mobs. If you have the snare necklace you can avoid this completely.

The only reason I would reroll in your situation is if you didn't pick Innoruuk as your God because then you don't have access to the snare clicky.
Closed Thread