Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-29-2022, 11:36 PM
Orc

While I cannot say with any degree of certainty that from henceforth I will never invite a class designed for group DPS to fill a group DPS role over a shaman, nay, that I will ever invite any other class other than a shaman to a group, I can say the following with utmost certainty:

This thread will be delivered into the annals of Internet history as the singular, trail blazing Internet forum thread where healthy consensus was built, opinions were jocularly swayed hehe, and in the end all decided to respectfully embrace common elf-dom - both our strengths and our fallibility. For this, we thank you all.
Last edited by slard271; 08-29-2022 at 11:41 PM..
Old 08-29-2022, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slard271 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I cannot say with any degree of certainty that from henceforth I will never invite a class designed for group DPS to fill a group DPS role over a shaman, nay, that I will ever invite any other class other than a shaman to a group, I can say the following with utmost certainty:

This thread will be delivered into the annals of Internet history as the singular, trail blazing Internet forum thread where healthy consensus was built, opinions were jocularly swayed hehe, and in the end all decided to respectfully embrace common elf-dom - both our strengths and our fallibility. For this, we thank you all.
This honestly isn't a special thread in internet terms.

People heard facts they didn't like and trolled the thread into oblivion to hide the information that offended them. It's much easier than admitting they are wrong, or bringing evidence to actually support their argument.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am maintaining civility in this discussion, and my position is founded on hard evidence. The only insults I throw are thrown in defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you have not maintained civility in this discussion.

I have maintained civility in my posts to you - in which I have ONLY stated facts and asked questions - and despite my civility you have (repeatedly) called me a troll, called me silly, accused me of doing/posting things I have not done/posted, and meanwhile have continued to ignore my simple questions and avoided responding to the many facts I've stated. I present both of our posts - from this thread and elsewhere - as evidence of my civility, and you have provided no counterevidence despite me requesting you provide it (multiple times).

Why do you opt out of partaking in a civil discussion with me, and meanwhile claim that you are maintaining civility in this discussion (yet choose to continue to call me names for [seemingly] no reason)?

Why do you feel the need to "defend yourself" from any of the facts I have stated or questions I have asked?
Old 08-29-2022, 11:52 PM
Kobold

what is this thread even about again? feel like this belonged in RnF 85 pages ago.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what is this thread even about again? feel like this belonged in RnF 85 pages ago.
Your previous post was exactly what this thread is about. Best 4 man caster/priest group.

I agree with your assessment, Shaman/Enchanter/Necromancer/Cleric is probably the best all around choice, and that this thread should have been moved into RnF once the trolls moved in.

We were debating whether or not a Mage should make the list. The argument for Mage was Malo + Charm Break Safety (pet tanking) + DPS.

I showed them the numbers on how Mage DPS isn't that much better than Shaman DPS, and Shaman's also cover the Malo + Charm Break Safety portions quite well. Plus Shamans have a much broader kit to help out in other situations too. Therefore you don't really need to bring a Mage over a Shaman, unless you need CoTH support.

But for some reason people don't understand basic math on these forums. They believe that DPS somehow changes based on being a in a group (even though mob stats don't change based on solo/group status), and you can't math out average DPS in a game literally based on averages. So they trolled the thread into oblivion because they believe their "experience" negates factual mathematical realities.

The provider of the Mage data (Troxx) claims his own data is inaccurate (and theoretically that means Mage DPS is higher), but he consistently refuses to provide "accurate" data. He blames me for not bringing data that fits his arbitrary standards, so he just dismisses it.

My data is here if you are interested: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=638 .
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-30-2022 at 12:12 AM..
Old 08-30-2022, 12:15 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2022, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They believe that DPS somehow changes based on being a in a group
We're talking about DPS from a DoT based class in a group with multiple charm pets and your beloved "data" was you slowly soloing shit. If you can't see how multiple variables in this equation change in a fast killing chain pulling group vs. you soloing mobs then you're a bigger moron than I previously thought (and I previously thought you were a really really big moron)
Old 08-30-2022, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're talking about DPS from a DoT based class in a group with multiple charm pets and your beloved "data" was you slowly soloing shit. If you can't see how multiple variables in this equation change in a fast killing chain pulling group vs. you soloing mobs then you're a bigger moron than I previously thought (and I previously thought you were a really really big moron)
Show us what you think the "variables" are that change in a group. Otherwise you are just leaving it ambiguous because you don't actually have the "variables", and you are hoping to bluff your way through the conversation.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Show us what you think the "variables" are that change in a group. Otherwise you are just leaving it ambiguous because you don't actually have the "variables", and you are hoping to bluff your way through the conversation.

I'm at a loss for words. You are literally beyond help.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm at a loss for words. You are literally beyond help.
Yup, bluffing your way through[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Once you reveal what you think the "variables" are, I can easily math it out and show you it doesn't change the averages. Monster stats don't change solo vs. group.