Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-30-2022, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level do Mages get Muzzle? 56? Oh yeah, that isn't in the level range of 12-30[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have never seen a level 20 Enchanter give their pet a permanent haste item like tolapumj Robe. Mob HP is simply too low, so it's very easy to lose.
Oh yea I forgot wurmslayer and SCHW are lvl 12 items my bad
Old 08-30-2022, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yea I forgot wurmslayer and SCHW are lvl 12 items my bad
Yes they are, since most people on this server can afford 2k for an alt[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] tolapumj is 1.5k by itself, and very easy to lose on a low HP mob.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes they are, since most people on this server can afford 2k for an alt[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] tolapumj is 1.5k by itself, and very easy to lose on a low HP mob.
Yeah totally. No way an enc could get a muzzle from a mag in EC before going to xp cause that's a high lvl spell. Warrior can use high lvl gear tho. Very fair and non biased data u got there
Old 08-30-2022, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
We are talking about
We (read: the rest of us, everybody but you) were explicitly and specifically talking about Shaman vs Mage in the context of DPSing in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group, and while you have made hundreds of posts as replies to this subject in this thread, you've unfortunately (still) provided zero relevant evidence/data/parses (read: evidence/data/parses that matches the description of what we [read: the rest of us; everybody but you] were talking about) - you may not understand this or you may be intentionally arguing from bad faith, neither scenario (nor how you feel about it) changes these facts.

All I can do is re-state the facts in continued effort to attempt to continue the discussion(s) in a civil manner. The ball is in DSM's court.

Quote:
as the data shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You called me "silly" when you were backed into a corner by my replies to you on the below thread too, and you stopped replying (like a little bitch): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...401629&page=37.

How's it going in that corner you've been backed into?

Quote:
I am maintaining civility in this discussion, and my position is founded on hard evidence. The only insults I throw are thrown in defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you have not maintained civility in this discussion.

I have maintained civility in my posts to you - in which I have ONLY stated facts and asked questions - and despite my civility you have (repeatedly) called me a troll, called me silly, accused me of doing/posting things I have not done/posted, and meanwhile have continued to ignore my simple questions and avoided responding to the many facts I've stated. I present both of our posts - from this thread and elsewhere - as evidence of my civility, and you have provided no counterevidence despite me requesting you provide it (multiple times).

Why do you opt out of partaking in a civil discussion with me, and meanwhile claim that you are maintaining civility in this discussion (yet choose to continue to call me names for [seemingly] no reason)?

Why do you feel the need to "defend yourself" from any of the facts I have stated or questions I have asked?
Old 08-30-2022, 06:45 PM
Orc

I think if we can harness the energy going into this thread we can solve world hunger. Or mine bitcoin. Or solve the self-induced energy crisis plaguing the planet. Or something.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah totally. No way an enc could get a muzzle from a mag in EC before going to xp cause that's a high lvl spell. Warrior can use high lvl gear tho. Very fair and non biased data u got there
You are really grasping here. You are going to be losing masks quickly, assuming you don't log and lose them. Again, I haven't seen anybody go that hard for level 20 as an Enchanter.

But lets say the mob had 11% haste from muzzle. The mobs DPS would go up to 13DPS. It's still lower than 15DPS, and Warriors can crit/crippling blow, which I didn't include.

Since my Warrior wasn't spell hasted, he would get buffed too with spell haste, so the DPS difference wouldn't change in that regard.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-30-2022 at 06:54 PM..
Old 08-30-2022, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slard271 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if we can harness the energy going into this thread we can solve world hunger. Or mine bitcoin. Or solve the self-induced energy crisis plaguing the planet. Or something.
All I have done is make factual statements or ask simple questions. I do not know whether DSM is incapable of discussing or "arguing" civilly or what his reasons are for continuing to ignore my fact-filled simple-question-posing posts directed toward him (I am asking him, repeatedly), but he has not demonstrated the capability to discuss or "argue" civilly in his post history nor in this thread - which I submit (both of, as well as my own post history [in this thread and elsewhere] so that the context of replies [or lack thereof] make sense) as evidence - and he has provided no counterevidence despite multiple direct requests (from myself) asking him to provide it (or any [direct, rather than calling me a troll in response to someone else] reply at all).

All I can do is re-state the facts in continued effort to attempt to continue the discussion(s) in a civil manner. The ball is in DSM's court.

Quote:
as the data shows.
Quote:
You called me "silly" when you were backed into a corner by my replies to you on the below thread too, and you stopped replying (like a little bitch): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...401629&page=37.

How's it going in that corner you've been backed into?

Quote:
I am maintaining civility in this discussion, and my position is founded on hard evidence. The only insults I throw are thrown in defense.

Quote:
No, you have not maintained civility in this discussion.

I have maintained civility in my posts to you - in which I have ONLY stated facts and asked questions - and despite my civility you have (repeatedly) called me a troll, called me silly, accused me of doing/posting things I have not done/posted, and meanwhile have continued to ignore my simple questions and avoided responding to the many facts I've stated. I present both of our posts - from this thread and elsewhere - as evidence of my civility, and you have provided no counterevidence despite me requesting you provide it (multiple times).

Why do you opt out of partaking in a civil discussion with me, and meanwhile claim that you are maintaining civility in this discussion (yet choose to continue to call me names for [seemingly] no reason)?

Why do you feel the need to "defend yourself" from any of the facts I have stated or questions I have asked?
Last edited by cyxthryth; 08-30-2022 at 06:53 PM..
Old 08-30-2022, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

An enchanter that's grouped 12-30 absolutely can and should haste and at least torch their pet, doesn't matter if you have haste also, your dps is going to get smoked.

Also, if you have a goblin ring and you're losing pet gear you're doing it wrong, and before you say OMG that's a 5k item, I didn't have a 5k item in my parse! That's fine, we can grant you whatever 5k item you want in this hypothetical.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Another thing, you don't need a tola robe on a low level enchanter pet for said pet to pump dps, mithril 2h+torch or book works fine, and is almost triple the haste a muzzle gives.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An enchanter that's grouped 12-30 absolutely can and should haste and at least torch their pet, doesn't matter if you have haste also, your dps is going to get smoked.

Also, if you have a goblin ring and you're losing pet gear you're doing it wrong, and before you say OMG that's a 5k item, I didn't have a 5k item in my parse! That's fine, we can grant you whatever 5k item you want in this hypothetical.
I have no problem for the Enchanter having gaz ring. I am not the person making arbitrary gear restrictions hehe. The issue is simply at low levels you are going to be losing torches/muzzles at a higher rate, and spending more mana maintaining haste due to it's lower duration, how fast pets die, and how slow you regen mana at that level. You are assuming 100% coverage, which is going to be tough.