Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-11-2022, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can heal with the Necro/Shaman inbetween pulls. You use the Cleric when waiting for respawns. If your group is as pro as you keep claiming, this isn't a big deal.
Yeah this makes a lot of sense and isn't extremely stupid at all
Old 09-11-2022, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah this makes a lot of sense and isn't extremely stupid at all
It makes much more sense than claiming its easy to make a pocket Torpor Shaman. That was your idea[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2022, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes much more sense than claiming its easy to make a pocket Torpor Shaman. That was your idea[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I totally meant that seriously and not sarcastically at all. You make some very good points DSM. I'm honestly shocked that anyone would think you're unintelligent. Your wits are legendary.
Old 09-11-2022, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I totally meant that seriously and not sarcastically at all. You make some very good points DSM. I'm honestly shocked that anyone would think you're unintelligent. Your wits are legendary.
Don't blame me because your attempt at sarcasm was bad and it is now backfiring on you.
Old 09-11-2022, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't blame me because your attempt at sarcasm was bad and it is now backfiring on you.
Oh yeah it totally backfired. I'm absolutely devastated at this catastrophic backfire. You outsmarted me again!
Old 09-11-2022, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

DSM, just admit you're wrong.

Is your ego that fragile you can't concede if your life depended on it?
Old 09-11-2022, 04:28 PM
Orc

Poll: Which happens first?
a) End of thread; consensus is unanimously built that redundant Shaman over Mage for fantasy land fast killing group scenario is lolz.
b) Heat death of universe.
Old 09-11-2022, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM, just admit you're wrong.

Is your ego that fragile you can't concede if your life depended on it?
I will happily admit I am wrong if you can prove it. I have done so before.

I am not going to admit I am wrong just because you want me to. Trolling, memes, and insults is not how you win a debate.

So far you haven't provided any data or math to back up your points, but you keep whining about the data and math presented. If you think it isn't correct, you can provide your own data and math at any time.
Old 09-11-2022, 04:45 PM
Banned

This fuckin clown lol. Can't go 3 posts without talking about data and math. All the data and math points to mage doing more damage than shaman by varying degrees. His entire argument is "Yeah but I play in bad groups that need extra heals for all the mistakes they make constantly so shaman is better" which can't really be quantified by raw data easily. Yet he keeps saying look at the data or asking other people to provide data to prove him wrong lol. All the data he's ever posted says mages are better DPS. He counters with "safety" being more important than the extra damage but has no data to back this up.

I don't have the ability to accurately describe in words how stupid this is
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 09-11-2022 at 04:48 PM..
Old 09-11-2022, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

I know we've been over this before, but...

Isn't the onus on you to prove that shaman does more DPS? I'd say the overwhelming majority of players in this game think mage does more DPS, but you're saying otherwise.

Recent data has shown that mages do a significant amount more for a fraction of the effort. And since it's a meleeing pet, that DPS is also reliable...unlike nuking and dotting.

You're saying it's "redundant", but isn't the utility a shaman brings also redundant? If it's all subjective what people prefer, wouldn't most pick the mage?

Honestly, I'd even go for a druid over shaman if the argument is for utility and safety. At least druids can port and evac this group if things go south, and even provide a serviceable DPS in the form of animal charming if it's possible.

That's how pointless shaman is in this hypothetical group.