Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

I know, DSM. Understand I'm not insulting you, I'm insulting the ruleset. If it was saner you folks who want to raid would benefit, too.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know, DSM. Understand I'm not insulting you, I'm insulting the ruleset. If it was saner you folks who want to raid would benefit, too.
I understand, and I appreciate you saying that. I have not taken insult.

Me personally I enjoy the long respawns and competition. It makes owning the loot feel like more of an accomplishment. Obviously all video game loot is irrelevant in the long run, but here we are playing P99[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In every other MMO I have played in the past 10 years, loot is basically irrelevant. It is just a cookie cutter object used to mark progression. There is no feeling of accomplishment there, and honestly no point in owning it.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I enjoy meaningful loot in games. If the loot is meaningless, it is basically just a redundant system that increases the likelihood of bugs occurring, and shouldn't even be there.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're normalizing deviance. P1999's raid scene and ruleset is a broken trainwreck and I highlighted your post because it demonstrates how unbelievable it has become. Staring at walls for hours on end, or tabbing out and not playing a game for hours on end, just so you can have a 5 minute encounter here or there is not ordinary or normal behavior.

I take a different approach and stay out of the raid scene. I enjoy the other 99% of the game just fine.

If a video game guild wants me real life contact info, it can piss off.

Danth
NGL it requires some sort of mental disability or addiction problem to raid on P99 (It's an emulated 22 yr old game ) ; let them it's their lives.. I guess? Also, no one is forced to raid so there's that. It's like buying alcohol or cigarettes It's there on the shelf with warning labels, yet people who buy them know the consequences and there's a tax /price. P99 is kinda the same shit except its free-to-play wit guaranteed spawns every week wit crazy 16hr variance(except it isnt fun LOL).... long story short better games out there that are 10000x more fun. You still can experience 99% of classic p99 EQ w/o raiding full-time as other posters mentioned by joining a discord server, getting a batphone, logging in and just following around etc.. other people will just give u the dik answer n tell you to play on a different server yada yada.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Everything in everquest is a scale model of IRL

everything.

including the efficiency and systems of governance we use.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything in everquest is a scale model of IRL

everything.

including the efficiency and systems of governance we use.
P99 even has the UN!
Old 01-11-2022, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

what does U and N stand for in the P99 context?
Old 01-11-2022, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-11-2022, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But a lot of people (myself included) do enjoy the raiding scene, and honestly P99 is one of the few places that still offer some measure of guild to guild competition when raiding. This is because it is almost impossible these days to find non-instanced raiding
There’s world raid bosses in classic WoW, the two most well known being Kazzak and Azuregos, others in expansions like TBC that I don’t know of because I wasn’t raiding then

From what I hear about them, they aren’t fun for the majority of people and are griefer nightmare. Kazzak in particular has a mechanic where he % heals from every player he kills and he fires out an aoe, so opposing guilds would just keep rezzing and suiciding themselves into him to keep him healing himself after they lose the encounter to prevent another guild from killing him

Azuregos was harder to grief, the only way I knew of would be to pull him away from the other guild and try to get him to leash which would reset his health
Old 01-11-2022, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

I always work real hard in eq then look at my bank and think this is exactly like my carrier this game is too real
Old 01-11-2022, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

The only thing these servers need is random ass down time that ruins all raider plans by repop ping the whole server like live had
Closed Thread