Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Orc

The people who own the game consider these names acceptable
8. Names containing phrases are acceptable, so long as they do not violate any other section of this policy. Names such as "Wizzybattlecry Notintheface", "Amen Canigetarez", or "Healzu Likeabard" are examples of acceptable names.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if your last name didn't violate the policy I still think its covered by:

I think most would agree with a staff member decision that "Elephant" is an improper name for an adventurer in Norath.

Also you could consider it covered by:

... but that's a bit of a stretch since "elephant" isn't a proper name.

P.S. Cheers to the staff on this. While we all remember that the naming policy wasn't enforced 100% religiously on live, it does seem (to me at least) that it was enforced a lot more than it has been here, so this feels like a welcome correction.

Loramin is a medicine available in a number of countries worldwide. A list of US medications equivalent to Loramin is available on the Drugs.com website.

- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).

- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

Yikes
Old 02-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchmyfeet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people who own the game consider these names acceptable
8. Names containing phrases are acceptable, so long as they do not violate any other section of this policy. Names such as "Wizzybattlecry Notintheface", "Amen Canigetarez", or "Healzu Likeabard" are examples of acceptable names.

That's not saying much though. The people who own the game also think its a good idea to let folks turn their pets into gingerbreadmen and to buy sex change pots.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin is a medicine available in a number of countries worldwide. A list of US medications equivalent to Loramin is available on the Drugs.com website.

- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).

- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

Yikes
So this is what it comes to? Turning each other in? Surely we are not animals? What is this? WoW?
Old 02-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this is what it comes to? Turning each other in? Surely we are not animals? What is this? WoW?
Lol, I dunno I think I'm fair game: if you can't take it don't dish it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But with that said ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yikes
First off, it's an alias for a single drug, not a "list of medications". Second, "Loramin" was generated by the original EQ in-game random name generator back in 200, long before that pharma company decided that it'd make a nice alias for "Loratadine". Hell, for all I know someone at that company played on Bristlebane and stole the name from me.

Shit's classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-10-2018 at 12:50 PM..
Old 02-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently, the staff went ahead and changed several names of those in violation of the naming policy. I'll go ahead and post the policy here, just to save you time;

If your character name was part of this group, you may petition for a 1 time name change (within an acceptable time frame) so long as it adheres to the naming policy. Do not petition with the expectation of getting your original name back, it was changed for a reason. Thank you for your cooperation.

-P99 Staff
Thank you P99 staff! Tears of joy right now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

---
Loramin is a perfectly valid fantasy roleplay name in my opinion.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if your last name didn't violate the policy I still think its covered by:

I think most would agree with a staff member decision that "Elephant" is an improper name for an adventurer in Norath.

Also you could consider it covered by:

... but that's a bit of a stretch since "elephant" isn't a proper name.

P.S. Cheers to the staff on this. While we all remember that the naming policy wasn't enforced 100% religiously on live, it does seem (to me at least) that it was enforced a lot more than it has been here, so this feels like a welcome correction.
I completely disagree. It seems like a large ogre character having a name like Elephant (an animal which exists in Norrath) as a name makes sense in an RPG. Especially given that he's a shaman. That is really not much of a stretch at all.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:36 PM
Banned

Jesus christ God bless the staff just when I think I cant love the project more

Muh immersions are safe
Old 02-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Kobold

Can't wait to see the flaming that will come. If anyone who had their name changed could please post a before and after for everyone's enjoyment please and thank you.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Banned

I am Formally petitioning to lead the Immersion Protection Squad, a brigade of veteran players who care about the server and patrol Norrath, reporting ALL names which violate naming convention. Is this recognized by the Staff?
Closed Thread