Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Oh I know it’s not your rule.

It just adversely affects guilds that may not be at the summit.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Also please disable pet tracking. Tracker rules don’t even make sense with everyone smashing pet attack at zoneline anyways
Old 05-23-2019, 03:45 PM
Banned

the /pet attack macros on loop. with gina alerting them across the room that the mob popped. Classic........................?
Old 05-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Having a level 51 xping in LCY in Karnor shouldn't DQ a guild from VS. Same with someone in a Disco group in Seb DQing a guild from Trak. Or someone porting in to EJ on their way to CoM to DQ someone from Sev.

Have a little common sense. If the person who gets FTE starts fair and square the the mob is killed in an appropriate manner, the stray passers by and leveling members shouldn't influence your eligibility.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a level 51 xping in LCY in Karnor shouldn't DQ a guild from VS. Same with someone in a Disco group in Seb DQing a guild from Trak. Or someone porting in to EJ on their way to CoM to DQ someone from Sev.

Have a little common sense. If the person who gets FTE starts fair and square the the mob is killed in an appropriate manner, the stray passers by and leveling members shouldn't influence your eligibility.
99% of people agree with you. This is probably the most hated raid rule on p99. It is very difficult to explain to new players/recruits why they cant exp while a mob is in window, but this rule is 5+ years old and would require a lot of politics to change it. If you're exping and the mob pops and someone presses the issue you have no defense.

KC/Seb are the most affected zones but certainly not the only ones. Cant name any examples of anyone being penalized for the sev example in EJ but its probably happened. I am not sure what you can do to avoid that one other than have one tracker and only one guild member traversing the zone at the time.
Last edited by Expediency; 05-23-2019 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: .
Old 05-23-2019, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

I’d like to hear the rationale the 1% have for the xp-er/traveler rule
Old 05-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
99% of people agree with you. This is probably the most hated raid rule on p99. It is very difficult to explain to new players/recruits why they cant exp while a mob is in window, but this rule is 5+ years old and would require a lot of politics to change it. If you're exping and the mob pops and someone presses the issue you have no defense.

KC/Seb are the most affected zones but certainly not the only ones. Cant name any examples of anyone being penalized for the sev example in EJ but its probably happened. I am not sure what you can do to avoid that one other than have one tracker and only one guild member traversing the zone at the time.
It's one of those rules that I would like to see someone try to enforce. If those people aren't on the encounter log I don't see how you could ask for a concession/petition it. It would be petty AF to petition because some random AEGIS member who just wants to cross Dreadlands to get to Firiona Vie because his guild was killing Gorenaire.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's one of those rules that I would like to see someone try to enforce. If those people aren't on the encounter log I don't see how you could ask for a concession/petition it. It would be petty AF to petition because some random AEGIS member who just wants to cross Dreadlands to get to Firiona Vie because his guild was killing Gorenaire.
I have not ever seen these rules enforced on sev and gore (doesnt mean it hasnt happened) but they are enforced on a regular basis for trak and VS, especially during the kunark era when those mobs were highly contested every spawn. People are less anal now but its still something everyone should keep in mind. Our guild will generally make note of it in the motd if we are targeting that mob. I was an active recruiting officer in our guild for quite a while and this was my least favorite conversation to have, people got really salty and I cant blame them.

There is a rather unpredictable element of "how much the other party cares." If you are in one guild, and you see another guild win the FTE for VS even though a level 50 monk was pulling in the RCY, you get to make a decision whether to petition it or let it slide.

The only real counter to this rule other than leaving the area is to /guildremove yourself during the window and add yourself back later. I've never gone that far but plenty have.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:20 AM
Banned

Lol you have gm enforced rules on where you can stand? Why do you guys put up with that shit? What a great way to ruin a sandbox mmo. Why don't they just make instances instead of these rules if that is how they want the game to be?
Old 05-24-2019, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol you have gm enforced rules on where you can stand? Why do you guys put up with that shit? What a great way to ruin a sandbox mmo. Why don't they just make instances instead of these rules if that is how they want the game to be?
Fantastic input in the thread. Thanks.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Closed Thread