Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Large Rat

I dont mind the Idea but a 48 hour window is simply to small....I think if you want to have no interaction then you keep your basic ideas but make the spawn window larger.

At 48 hours both guilds will just camp there with 15 people and then youll be left with sorting that crap out again ...basically the same spot your at now....

Might I suggest maybe a spawn timer between 5-10 days and make a window of popping that is large enough to detur 24/7 camping by the guilds....And yes i realize this means less overalll spawns ...but so what ......

Blaine Brokenhammer
Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Aviak

How hard would it be to just code a zonewide announcement or some shit with the timer / turn change on engage. Like "A Dragon Roars" (nag spawned) , then 25 min later "Time's running out" (5min warning), 30min after spawn a "TOO SLOW, NEXT".. Yes this obviously isn't classic but neither is this rotatiion bullshit.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Or what messiah said, we could instance everything, put in some solo quests for levelling quicker, and lets give everyone the same set armor as soon as they get level 50. Then everyone can kill Onyxia errr nagafen.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I don't think you would see 15 people there at all times. Think about that for a second.

Naggy is killed Sunday at 12:00 PM EST

He can spawn any time between:

Friday at 12:00 PM EST

AND

Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST

Factor in that Vox and CT will be on the same variance. Do you know how many overlapping spawn times will be going on? Unless you have 45 People that are willing to do nothing but sit at spawn points 24 hours a day ... no guild is going to be able to hold every spawn. Factor in that people are going to want to be farming Plane of Fear gear. Factor in PoHate and PoSky being open eventually. Are there going to be 15 more people sitting in PoHate waiting for Inny? What about Sky?

I think the Variance is a very.. very good option. Details need to be worked out by community in a manner that people don't need to worry about KSing if you are the first group of people there.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spawn variance will just result in 24 hour camps at targets like what was happening before, which for some reason on this server warrants you the right to get first attempt on said mob.

If you want spawn variance, it'd have to be 7 days with a +-48 hour variance in an attempt to deter camping raid mobs.
Spawn variance will just have X guild camping raid mobs that much longer.

First to engage I believe SUPPORTS "self-policing." It's not hard to see who is first to engage.

I don't agree with this whole image of us having to, "find a solution and stick to it" Wenai..
Old 12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is... At what point should the 120 minute clock start?

PS: Keep things on topic. This thread is for discussing possible alternatives to the rotation not a complaint thread about it's existance. Both sides were given plenty of time to co-exist and come up with your own standards.

The post before I said the 120min clock should start when they get 15 men in zone.
Orc

I think if we were to do this, a 24 hour random spawn timer or even a 48 hour random spawn timer would still result in people "camping" a raid mob.

It seems that we have adhered far too strictly to this magical 7 day respawn timer like it was spelled out by God himself, for dragons and gods respawn timers. If we are already going to meddle with the spawn timer to appease the masses, why don't we lift this artificial 7 day timer and make it anywhere from as short as say a 3 day timer to maximum of a 11 day timer (7 days on average) and anything else inbetween as a possibility. Heck, you could do anywhere from 5 days to 12, 4 days to 11, 3 days to 20, I don't know, but at least it would be random. Yes, if it was nearing the final days of possibility for the respawn timer (whatever we decide on), we would see the guilds coming out of the woodwork to stake claim to that mob and we would have the same issue we had before (who had 15 people or whatever there first), but at least there would be some randomness in those first days of the respawn timer, and provoke some level of competition, instead of metaphorically camping Raster of Guk for 36 hours.

Just one idea. Trash it if you wish.
Aviak

I know this doesn't really help with the idea of catching who tagged the raid mob first but to deal with people just sitting in the zone for far too long with a raid force how about just enabling some anti AFK code that disconnects you after 1 hour of AFK or something like that?

Another thing that could be useful is to move people to the safe point that the succor spell does(I know succor is not classic) if they disconnect via AFK in certain zones. This would prevent people from allowing themselves to disconnect at spawn location of raid mob and then just logging back in.

You could then have a policy where if someone stayed connected and in the same zone for more than 12 hours(you could make this longer) straight you could slap a temp 1 day ban/suspension on the account. If someone stays connected for more than 12 hours straight in the same zone then that person is either using some sort of macro software or they need to have a break from EQ forced upon them.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Classic EQ 2: Cruise Control

I'm sarcastic 95% of the time, but I'm very glad to see you getting involved on how we can find a fix to this situation Nilbog.

Unfortunately, it seems the Classic EQ concept is already long gone. I like a lot of the ideas proposed above to help avoid conflicts between guild, but it's another step away from the Classic EQ experience. I'm sure a good part of the reason SoE implemented spawn variance is because of this. They also eventually added instances to completely avoid it.

A big missing classic feature is patch day raids. I can understand the need to change the spawn times of raid mobs to be static, regardless of server resets, when the server was rather unstable and with the often reboots, but now that we seem a little more stable would it be possible to revert back to the classic system? This could add slightly more content for us all and it would usually go to the guild quicker to mobilize.

I'm just getting really torn up about how the end game is progressing(or not progressing at all). The lack of content is putting a lot of stress on all the people who are just waiting for new content.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Solution

Change spawn timer to be ever 2 hours on raid bosses

Turn in Chaos Books and just fight it out.
Closed Thread