Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Default Phase Spiders Summoning

I used to solo these on my wizard and I recall the timeframe as right around Luclin was coming out. There is no mention on any logs anywhere that these ever summoned and I sure don't remember them summoning as I would solo kite them for hours on end and only have to run out if the damned dragon construct spawned.

They should phase people, though, and that is working correctly because it was not removed until much later.

Earliest post I can find that claims they don't summon is 2003.
Quote:
they dont gate, root helps with ping pong when they phase tank and they dont summon.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...05682068032886

Will add more data if I find any.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Banned

"I have solo'd these very effectively at lvl 53.I just run up and snare one(never resisted my snare more than once).Then I pull it near the portal and DOT kite back and forth using Winged Death and Drifting Death.They have about 10k hp's.These spiders cant phase what they cant touch.I have probaly killed about 250 of these things and have yet to score a PSC."

"I can solo these things at 55 as a necro... Only problem I found was when they phase your pet and you end up taking alota hits.."

"56 nec here, these are soloable but very difficult due to how hard they hit"

"Rooting these while fighting cuts down on the phasing, also are very resistant to snares, never landed one. Seem to have around jboots speed, sow will outrun them barely. Ice nukes work well on them. Stuns work sometimes but not really worth casting due to there resist rate of it. Hit for around 140+, so buff up... good luck =)"
Old 03-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Project Manager

51 is the top level a phase spider can possibly spawn (47-51).

Is it possible the 51 variety should be rarer and summon, or regardless of being the level to summon, didn't?
Old 03-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Velious became more lax on the summoning rule.

These are one example. They were level 51, but didn't summon. I've Burrowers in West Wastes are another example. I think there are a few more that were over 51 that never summoned. I'll try to pull up some examples.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't see any warnings about summoning Phase Spiders in the various DN hunting guides on The Druid's Grove.

I don't personally recall them summoning when I soloed the entry area on my druid way back in Velious for that sweet PSC.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
51 is the top level a phase spider can possibly spawn (47-51).

Is it possible the 51 variety should be rarer and summon, or regardless of being the level to summon, didn't?
I do think I remember getting the occasional summoning spider.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleToad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think I remember getting the occasional summoning spider.
Find a post in 2001-2002 era that confirms this. Would prefer the few classic Velious kiting camps not get removed based off vague memories.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find a post in 2001-2002 era that confirms this. Would prefer the few classic Velious kiting camps not get removed based off vague memories.
Found a post from June 2003 on Allakhazam's Phase Spider page specifically stating they don't summon.

I think my vague memory was the message you get when they shadowstep you.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5422

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread