Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, plenty of ppl have been on blue since the beginning, have multiple lvl 60's, and see zero reason to do it all again on green just to get rolled back in to blue.

however, if i was brand new to p99, yeah, i'd prob start on green.
I agree in part, but it sure is fun to see everyone running around badly geared and having to deal with the extra difficulty for a couple of months.

Nobody can say "oh its cool man, I've got an epic cleric parked here to rez" or "gimme a sec I'll log my enchanter for C and hastes" like they do on blue.

Those troll shadow knights will have to suck up that XP loss to begin with, nobody around to take the edge off those deaths [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2019, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree in part, but it sure is fun to see everyone running around badly geared and having to deal with the extra difficulty for a couple of months.

Nobody can say "oh its cool man, I've got an epic cleric parked here to rez" or "gimme a sec I'll log my enchanter for C and hastes" like they do on blue.

Those troll shadow knights will have to suck up that XP loss to begin with, nobody around to take the edge off those deaths [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I don't think anyone is arguing that there is a lot of fun to be had on green. Someone said blue leveling would be non-existent because they could see no reason to roll new characters on it. We're just responding to that. I wish all the best to the green folks!
Old 10-23-2019, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, plenty of ppl have been on blue since the beginning, have multiple lvl 60's, and see zero reason to do it all again on green just to get rolled back in to blue.

however, if i was brand new to p99, yeah, i'd prob start on green.
The problem with that logic is presuming that exploiting a ten year beta to steamroll content is equivalent to doing similar things on Green99.

I’m not trying to hate, but the two things are different.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-23-2019 at 09:53 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with that logic is presuming that exploiting a ten year beta to steamroll content is equivalent to doing similar things on Green99.

I知 not trying to hate, but the two things are different.
You're just creating a straw man now. We know it is different. We aren't equating the two. You said blue leveling would be dead and could see no reasons for a person to level on blue. We're giving you the reasons why some people are going to continue to roll on blue.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody gonna level on Blue anymore anyway. Not worth the effort.
Trolls gonna troll.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

I’m honestly not trying to troll, sorry if I’m too snarky. But I honestly think Blue will have very little in the way of new players that’ll be coming around to replace those who move on to other things.

Most of the people dedicated to Blue already a whole roster of leveled toons.

Do you honestly think people who seek out classic EverQuest going forward are going to pick the old beta server over the server that functions on a realistic timeline?

Look, I’m 100% ready to admit I’m wrong in the future, but I really think that’s the way the wind is blowing.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I知 honestly not trying to troll, sorry if I知 too snarky. But I honestly think Blue will have very little in the way of new players that値l be coming around to replace those who move on to other things.

Most of the people dedicated to Blue already a whole roster of leveled toons.

Do you honestly think people who seek out classic EverQuest going forward are going to pick the old beta server over the server that functions on a realistic timeline?

Look, I知 100% ready to admit I知 wrong in the future, but I really think that痴 the way the wind is blowing.
Im kind of a middle of the road guy.. I have 2 60s with raid gear, manastone and elder beads, and I have plenty of alts that are half leveled and geared, and i could definitely keep leveling them and i may.. But its pretty unlikely and it is more likely that i will just end up replacing them with level 60 toons when Green merges (if that happens).

I may still poke my head around blue eventually, and if it so happens i take a few year break and green happens to be mid season(?) i may roll a newb on blue or finish an alt, who knows at that point. Green is absolutely what im interested currently as it is what i believe what everquest should really be, naked people punching lizards.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-23-2019, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
No I don't, but no one is making that claim. What I'm saying is that there are plenty of people currently invested enough in Blue to continue rolling and leveling here. It's never going to be like it was a year ago. Green is the new shiny thing and will attract the bulk of new players, without a doubt.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is absolutely what im interested currently as it is what i believe what everquest should really be, naked people punching lizards.
/sniffles

That’s beautiful, ca.... can we bring it in for a hug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I don't, but no one is making that claim. What I'm saying is that there are plenty of people currently invested enough in Blue to continue rolling and leveling here. It's never going to be like it was a year ago. Green is the new shiny thing and will attract the bulk of new players, without a doubt.
It kind of sounds like you agree with what I said you just don't like my tone.

Or, you think I was being literal when I said "Nobody" in my original snarky comment.

Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-23-2019 at 10:13 PM..
Old 10-23-2019, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

a lack of new blood flowing into Blue will eventually be problematic, but it's going to take a year for it to really show IMO. By the time Kunark hits Blue will be a shadow of tis current self
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread