Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 10:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Rotating ZEMs

I don't know if this is the correct spot to put this.. however, I just wanted to say I think you should do rotating ZEMs each month to get people to adventure to other places. I don't think it would change the actual "classic" feel. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2021, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

This would be a great feature, but it's been suggested 5,000 times over the last 10 years and the "not classic" response is about all i've ever seen.

Rooted dragons, 7 day spawn variance, AoE limits, lists, 27 pages of raid rules, but enticing people to group in Runnyeye is where we draw the line.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-24-2021, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Enjoy your classic Kunark experience of spending 500 hours killing rock golems.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Why was the ZEMs on green recently mixed up? I don't mind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2021, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Because it was causing CSR issues with the best ZEM being Highkeep. Zone was too small and it was causing constant GM reports with camp disputes, killing banker, training, etc.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-25-2021, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it was causing CSR issues with the best ZEM being Highkeep. Zone was too small and it was causing constant GM reports with camp disputes, killing banker, training, etc.
source? I think this guy is just guessing.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Of course it's guessing, since Rogean isn't going to explain his changes. The ZEMs were
probably wrong (as in not Classic) before and they are "wrong" now, since no one has a hard source of evidence for them outside of a database leak of Al'kabor before it got shut down which was PoP-era and ShowEQ archived forum posts.

So if it's not a change to be more Classic, the only other driver for change on P99 is how much work it causes for volunteer GMs. i.e. /list, Rooted ToV dragons pre-Luclin, etc.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-25-2021, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course it's guessing, since Rogean isn't going to explain his changes. The ZEMs were
probably wrong (as in not Classic) before and they are "wrong" now, since no one has a hard source of evidence for them outside of a database leak of Al'kabor before it got shut down which was PoP-era and ShowEQ archived forum posts.

So if it's not a change to be more Classic, the only other driver for change on P99 is how much work it causes for volunteer GMs. i.e. /list, Rooted ToV dragons pre-Luclin, etc.
Pretty sure the old ZEMs were like the last ZEMs of the classic era or something. I feel like that was what someone found at some point.

I’m guessing they just did a bit of a rotation to make the ZEMs operate more as they did back in the day when they were utilized to make people go to other places where they weren’t hanging out in. Wouldn’t be surprised if the staff wanted to test it out on Green. Maybe we’ll see them rotate again before it merges to Blue. Or maybe not at all and Green 2.0 will rotate a lot who knows.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:48 PM
Skeleton

It's been stated far to often. This is just my opinion but the classic experience can only go so far. They have done a brilliant job of delivering this experience but it wasn't classic to have The Hole full of people. It wasn't classic for most of is to know all the info we know. I feel a hybridization would achieve more balance... Such as a rotating ZEM. Or even just a rotating bonus to under populated zones. All in all, love the experience and having a blast. Thanks to all that make it happen.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn’t be surprised if the staff wanted to test it out on Green. Maybe we’ll see them rotate again before it merges to Blue. Or maybe not at all and Green 2.0 will rotate a lot who knows.
The changes were implemented across servers, not just on green. The Hole has had this massive ZEM on blue since before Kunark was ever live for green.
Closed Thread