Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-10-2019, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Default Spell Immunity Messages

This was mentioned as a side issue in my Glamour of Kintaz bug report but since I don't think it made it into today's patch and with such definitive evidence I thought it best to give it it's own thread.

Starting April, 2000 any mob immune to mesmerize spells should tell the caster that they are immune to mesmerize spells.

Exhibit A:
Quote:
You will now receive a message when attempting to mesmerize a creature that is immune to that type of spell.
4/10/2001 Patch Notes
(Credit: Baylan295)

Days before Chardok patch was released, Abashi confirmed that mez immunity messages had "always" been in the game, presumably he meant 1+ year not since launch.

Exhibit B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abashi
October 5, 2001
Players will now also receive messages when an NPC is immune to a particular type of spell, much like messages regarding mesmerization have always been sent.
Abashi's post

I'm sure this is known as part of the MR changes but when Chardok patch is released there should be immunity messages for any spell a mob is specifically resistant too. This patch note reinforces that Mez immunity messages were in the game prior to the Chardok revamp

Quote:
NPCs that were highly magic resistant in order to make them immune to certain spells can now be given specific immunity to those spells. This means that they can be made immune to critical spells, as intended, and still be generally less resistant to magic. Players will receive a message similar to the one that is already given for Mesmerization spells when they cast a spell on an NPC that it is specifically immune to.
10/08/2001 Patch Notes

If this was patched today and didn't make it into the patch notes or if the plan is to implement it for the next patch please delete this thread.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Bumping this as I also found the mez immune message patch notes while researching something else.

Currently trying to mez something that is immune (giants for example), it will simply return a resist message.

The stun immune message exists but only on effects that have additional components, eg T-Staff:

[Sat Jan 04 00:48:49 2020] Your target is immune to the stun portion of this effect.
[Sat Jan 04 00:48:49 2020] an elder temple defender was hit by non-melee for 120 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 04 00:48:49 2020] An elder temple defender begins to spin from one hundred blows.

If you attempt to stun a mob immune to stun (giants, 55+ mobs, etc) with ONLY a stun, it will not return an immune message, even if the stun is not resisted. Confusing, as there is no indication that the mob is not stunned, other than watching it and seeing that it still hits/casts.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>