Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 06:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea may really need to be a list. Mentioned in another post I caught this guy boxing (yes, petitioned with evidence) to pass off lore fbe's to a mule to keep the camp 24/7. It's pretty BS. You didn't have boxers back in the dial-up days. Not enough bandwidth or PC juice! Your computer would just die. And d/c's would lose camps.
I think everyone in Ironborn has a level 1 parked at Hadden handing over lore earings trying to get everyone earings for Phinny. There's only like 10 of us. If it was us, it probably looks like we were boxing. However, we've never not let anyone take over the camp after an earing drop if they have asked.

We've gone 10-11 spawns at a time without an earing sometimes. So it probably looks like we're a bunch of assholes locking it down.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea may really need to be a list. Mentioned in another post I caught this guy boxing (yes, petitioned with evidence) to pass off lore fbe's to a mule to keep the camp 24/7. It's pretty BS. You didn't have boxers back in the dial-up days. Not enough bandwidth or PC juice! Your computer would just die. And d/c's would lose camps.

Periodically d/c Hadden campers, I say! /s

But in all seriousness: I hope they at least mention Hadden needs to have AFK checks. You can camp Hadden for a year if you just afk 24/7 there. Priority should go to the one NOT afk. Eg, the closer the timer to pop, whoever is not afk should get it.

/list AFK checks every 10m when you're 20 hours until you're up; what's the difference?
Then petition. If someone camping an item gets their drop, they need to pass camp. They CAN pass camp to someone else in their guild if they want, but they can't reclaim camp with the same toon.

See:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19#post1652719
Old 01-06-2020, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then petition. If someone camping an item gets their drop, they need to pass camp. They CAN pass camp to someone else in their guild if they want, but they can't reclaim camp with the same toon.

See:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19#post1652719
Let me know if someone in 2020 enforces that, especially since it's very unclear what Deru was thinking in situations where an item isn't lore, or in situations where you pass off the lore item, etc., since he only specifically talks about whether you're permitted to maintain a camp through the process of corpsing a lore item (which of course you can't, since the death makes you leave the zone and means you lose the camp to someone else who is there trying to claim it).
Old 01-06-2020, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me know if someone in 2020 enforces that, especially since it's very unclear what Deru was thinking in situations where an item isn't lore, or in situations where you pass off the lore item, etc., since he only specifically talks about whether you're permitted to maintain a camp through the process of corpsing a lore item (which of course you can't, since the death makes you leave the zone and means you lose the camp to someone else who is there trying to claim it).

"If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob."- Pretty clear. Examples that follow are examples, this sentence precedes the example and ends in a period indicating it is a complete thought.

I mean sure it might only apply to lore items, which fishbone is. I haven't had issues with anyone in terms of camping, others have and just give up for some unknown reason. Spread awareness of the rules and hopefully people will actually try to get them enforced.

Plus that'll make some sweet, sweet RnF posts.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I have you on fraps" my ass,
A rent a cop tried to say they had me on camera throwing a kids ball over a fence at a park. I told them to come back and show me when they had the footage and walked away. It's a scare tactic and all you need to do is tap into your inner chad.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob."- Pretty clear. Examples that follow are examples, this sentence precedes the example and ends in a period indicating it is a complete thought.

I mean sure it might only apply to lore items, which fishbone is. I haven't had issues with anyone in terms of camping, others have and just give up for some unknown reason. Spread awareness of the rules and hopefully people will actually try to get them enforced.

Plus that'll make some sweet, sweet RnF posts.
Without getting into any details, you're really reaching by claiming that is clear. Deru himself didn't think it was clear, or else he wouldn't have followed up saying that he was going to spell out what he meant in detail so that it would put the player argument in that thread to rest.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:34 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without getting into any details, you're really reaching by claiming that is clear. Deru himself didn't think it was clear, or else he wouldn't have followed up saying that he was going to spell out what he meant in detail so that it would put the player argument in that thread to rest.
To be fair, Derudawg didnt always make the best judgements....
Old 01-06-2020, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
The only clarification I can see within the thread is someone saying the rule is unenforceable and Deru saying that corpsing is evidence of someone lying about drops. Again, supporting that corpsing is merely an example of the rule and not the rule itself. He doesn't really seem to clarify it anywhere else in the thread.

Can you point me in the right direction? Or are you talking about him clarifying the wait list rules?
Old 01-06-2020, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who 2boxed on dial-up, you're an idiot.
What was your setup like?
Old 01-06-2020, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

y'all done summoed Mendens Avatar at Hadden camp. shame on you guys

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Closed Thread