Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know sooo many people sharing accounts at ruby bp and ms with proof
Proof, or stfu.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

I can say definitively that my friends and I account shared often in the true Classic era to do things like PL or trade items to-and-fro etc. I can't see this being policed, nor believe it should be.

Account sharing shouldn't be the scapegoat for people's hate on the /list system. The drop rate of current items almost requires account sharing, since for the majority of people (presumably) spending 50+ hours clicking a button every 15 minutes is unreasonable. Not saying the /list system should change, just that by the very way it was built with the current drop rates in mind, i can't imagine the devs not taking account sharing into....dare i say...account.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF this better not be true. This was never done in original EQ unless they had evidence the accunt was hacked. From literally stacking the deck so only multi-users on one account can get legacy items to removeing all the supposed danger of having someone use your account if this is true, it appears p99 is going out of its was to be as unclassic as possible.

That must be really rough for you and other misanthropes when only people with friends can do some things.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can say definitively that my friends and I account shared often in the true Classic era to do things like PL or trade items to-and-fro etc. I can't see this being policed, nor believe it should be.

Account sharing shouldn't be the scapegoat for people's hate on the /list system. The drop rate of current items almost requires account sharing, since for the majority of people (presumably) spending 50+ hours clicking a button every 15 minutes is unreasonable. Not saying the /list system should change, just that by the very way it was built with the current drop rates in mind, i can't imagine the devs not taking account sharing into....dare i say...account.
correct
Old 01-07-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Smelly's putting the cart in front of the horse imo. It's not "account sharing is necessary to do these long camps" so much as "the camps wouldn't be so long if it weren't for account sharing propping up how long one character can remain on the list."
Old 01-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF this better not be true. This was never done in original EQ unless they had evidence the accunt was hacked. From literally stacking the deck so only multi-users on one account can get legacy items to removeing all the supposed danger of having someone use your account if this is true, it appears p99 is going out of its was to be as unclassic as possible.
It is true dude happened to Aftermath when Brujean deleted a shit ton of toons like guild mages guild clerics etc it really hurt us that day took the gms a good while to restore them

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-07-2020, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Smelly's putting the cart in front of the horse imo. It's not "account sharing is necessary to do these long camps" so much as "the camps wouldn't be so long if it weren't for account sharing propping up how long one character can remain on the list."
But should the camps be so long that people can't be expected to do them and thus are dropping like flies? I think the addage of 'work smarter not harder' is apt in this context given the fact that it's barely humanly possible for a single person to sit on a list the length of time it takes for one of these items to even drop. And if they can't stay on the list for the length of time it takes for an item to drop, then presumably no one would ever be able to loot one of these items.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:47 PM
Server GM

You are taking a risk sharing your account information with anyone. There's a possibility that if you get stripped you won't get your gear restored. It can take several months to get a character restored as well.

Using any program to control someone else's computer remotely is not allowed. Please post information of those doing that in the petition forum or PM a staff member privately.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using any program to control someone else's computer remotely is not allowed. Please post information of those doing that in the petition forum or PM a staff member privately.
Can one use a program to control their own computer? Such as remote desktop?
Old 01-07-2020, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

let's be real about what's realistically enforceable in everquest here, last year a guy openly autofired lodizal for like six months straight and was only punished after video was submitted of him, hilariously, having fallen asleep and dying to AFK FTE. he earned millions of pp. i believe he got a month.

no one is getting substantively punished for account sharing or teamviewer use.