Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Green: beginner bard, very novice question

I think I'm not quite understanding a basic concept. So, from all the bards guides I've read I should be able to play multiple songs at once in order to "twist". However, whenever I click the next song it says "your song ends" and the affects seem to go away. For example, when I go from Chant of Battle to Chords of Dissonance it stops saying "you feel your pulse quicken" and I only see "a blank winces". It would appear as only one song is working at a time. Are all of the songs playing and I'm only getting combat messages for one of them or does playing one song end the others? This is a reallyyyyyyyyyy basic concept and I'm embarrassingly not understanding it. Thank you for any help and clarity on this really simple concept.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

So you start a song, let it hit, stop it by pressing any song button, then start another one, right?

If you watch your buff bar, you'll still have Chant of Battle for a while after you stop singing it. Once you get multiple songs that create buffs, you can practice maintaining 2, 3, or even 4.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Okay that makes sense. I think I was getting confused bc I was trying to track what was going on through combat chat. So, for a DoT I'll just see when it hits initially and not when it does damage every tick? Thank you, that's really simple and not getting it was driving me crazy.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, we don't see DoT damage here. Bard DoTs last 3 ticks (aka approx 18 seconds), doing damage 3 times.
Closed Thread