Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Choker of the Wretched seems like to most viable option for me. If you have any tips on how to be "efficient" in tradeskill-ups Im all ears [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys
Old 04-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Choker of the Wretched seems like to most viable option for me. If you have any tips on how to be "efficient" in tradeskill-ups Im all ears [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys
I've done the Prayer Shawl quest twice now so I'll give you my 2c. Tradeskills are far easier to complete on a Druid or Wiz than any other class for the obvious ability to get around and collect mats. The best thing you can do is get maxed dex and cha buffed before you attempt your combines. You will get more skill ups faster and will have more successful combines which you can sell back. Get a chanter to cast Boon on you if you can.

I like to hack away at one skill at a time. Work brewing and get it up to 168 in one or two sittings, it's really not that bad once you get going. Tailoring is obviously the worst to level but if you know where to go (i.e. FoB for spiderling silk, EK for spider silk, etc) you can get your mats together pretty fast. Highly suggest Thurg for most of your tradeskilling as they sell virtually everything there.

Everyone besides Druids and Wizards should get pottery up to 142 no matter what for making Thurg gate potions. It's so nice to have a self port option to Velious in your bags at any time and mats are easy to collect in Velks/CC.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks man good post^
Old 04-08-2020, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

You should go for Choker before the Shawl. The shawl is tradeable so at least you can keep your value. You will have to sink at least 50k+ in tradeskills and possible 50+ hours in farming and camping to make one. It's just not worth it. With the choker you can give it to an alt or re-sell it if you ever want.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah thanks, its what Im thinking too, just seems the most reasonable and the least soul crushing. 50k and 50 hours...and the crosseyedness and nausea...ugh
Old 04-24-2020, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

I'm almost positive this shouldn't be anywhere close to 50k in materials for a shawl. Almost the entire cost should be in the ~50 velious level combines you need to attempt to go from 158 to 162 in tailoring; everything else combined should be under 5k. You can buy the materials for that way under the cost of a Choker of the Wretched.

You still probably need 10 hours of clicking to get the tradeskills up though even with max int. 50 hours seems like a reasonable total time estimate to farm all of the stuff you need yourself and do all the tradeskilling, but in that case the cost is 0. There's no way the total time investment for a choker is under that for a shawl unless you have access to some way of making more than 1k plat/hour (which some people do, so if you're pulling 5k an hour selling some specific multiquest component or tunnel flipping or something, this doesn't apply to you).
Old 04-24-2020, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

I'm almost positive this shouldn't be anywhere close to 50k in materials for a shawl. Almost the entire cost should be in the ~50 velious level combines you need to attempt to go from 158 to 162 in tailoring; everything else combined should be under 5k. You can buy the materials for that way under the cost of a Choker of the Wretched.

You still probably need 10 hours of clicking to get the tradeskills up though even with max int. 50 hours seems like a reasonable total time estimate to farm all of the stuff you need yourself and do all the tradeskilling, but in that case the cost is 0. There's no way the total time investment for a choker is under that for a shawl unless you have access to some way of making more than 1k plat/hour (which some people do, so if you're pulling 5k an hour selling some specific multiquest component or tunnel flipping or something, this doesn't apply to you).
Old 04-24-2020, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

The shawl is the tradeskiller epic. If you approach it as an epic, and try and tackle it in stages, it's absolutely doable for anyone on the server (or at least anyone who can grab a 60 Druid friend for the no drop SG part).

You get a powerful item (not just FT1 but pretty good stats too), it's doable without raiding, and you can break it up over the course of 100 days if you want ... but it absolutely is a timesink, as all the big quests in the game are (epics, VP key, Garzicor, Spirit Wracked Cord, etc.). Maybe even more of one than the rest ... depending on how good you are at clicking combines for hours without destroying your wrists.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys
the prayer shawl is the most ridiculous item in this game. its like a 3/10 item walled behind every tradeskill in the game.
Farming 110k for the choker is 100% better use of your time than the shawl. Atleast you can flip the choker if you lose interest / upgrade
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-27-2020, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the prayer shawl is the most ridiculous item in this game. its like a 3/10 item walled behind every tradeskill in the game.
Farming 110k for the choker is 100% better use of your time than the shawl. Atleast you can flip the choker if you lose interest / upgrade
Shawl is hardly a 3/10 item. It's also one of those do it so you can experience it sort of things. I definitely wouldn't do it on a character that wasn't going to be my main for a very long time though.
Closed Thread