Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

I've been advertizing this spot (Sythrax servants) on the forums forever - people don't realize how incredible it is for a necro.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:13 PM
Orc

I was trying the hags in Unrest but without a CoS, it was a bit of a pain to get a feel for it. If I cast FD too late, they could nuke each other to death. Sometimes one would still be 70% while the other was just about dead. They would also recast their rune while I was getting up from FD. Good exp but just didn't get into a groove at that camp, I'm sure CoS would of made it a lot smoother but too broke for one still unless someone wants to donate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

As an iksar it will be nice to be close to a friendly city for once again and try some charming, change it up from fear kiting I've mostly done up to this point.

I'm really waiting to get back to lguk, loved that zone on live and looking forward to getting to kill some frogs again.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Don't charm undead tower in unrest, summon a skelly pet send in before they buff and nuke them dead/face tank with life taps once you out agro pet.

I did many levels there on my Necromancer up to 39, I think it was 34+ with new pet + dismiss undead (lvl 29) if you were 80%+ health and life tap (lvl 29) if you needed heal. Med in-between the 2 spawns, rinse and repeat.

They have less then 600hps without their runes so once camp is broken easy to send pet and nuke them down fast and med (nuking at least twice to out DPS pet). Using charm/lulls to break camp makes sense though.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:05 PM
Orc

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Was trying to get a handle on the charm thing but just wasn't the right camp for it.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Was trying to get a handle on the charm thing but just wasn't the right camp for it.
In general charming caster mobs can get annoying when balancing hps, i did enjoy the nuking aspect since as a necro it is not efficient later on. Plenty of time will be spent charming past level 39-40, it was one of my favorite active xp camps though with the short timers and having to keep them dead so they don't self buff.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In general charming caster mobs can get annoying when balancing hps, i did enjoy the nuking aspect since as a necro it is not efficient later on. Plenty of time will be spent charming past level 39-40, it was one of my favorite active xp camps though with the short timers and having to keep them dead so they don't self buff.
Make the caster sit if you don't want it to nuke. Cancels their cast and lets you manage the fight.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

You can easily charm your way to 60 as a necro - most of the best spots are undead anyways.

CoM 2nd/3rd floor
KC
Howling Stones
Seb

Plus necro is about 1000x cooler than enchanter
Old 03-01-2017, 02:19 AM
Aviak

As necro u can start charming in com solo at stables at 44/45. Dmf ivu to the backof the stables run up the ramp and across charm the guy up there and send it done to atatck your clearign from the back side out so u gets mobs 1 vrs 1. if your twinked u can root the first mob and pull theothr undead and root them untop of each other and just use them to grind down fast. At 48 you can do temple or moat with dmf up u should never die unless u geta reaver train as u can kite back forth across the water or bridges to kite the mobs if u get a bad break. 50 - 54 u cna do 2nd floor 54 + i woudl say 3d floor. I play oof peak tiems so i had my choice of camps. If your going to level in com i would wait til some is clearing 2nd and then go bidn on top of arnea. As a necro i completly skiped arnea as there was not enuff mobs. and i had to muich down time.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

at lvl 20 how do you deal with a charm break? its 5 secs to recharm, which is a long time to channel hits!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shieldskin

mob wont take long to burn through that.

or do i take it that charming at 20 isnt really much fun/practical? eg wait till 24 and screaming terror?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

You can charm at 20. FD is your best friend in case of a break at these levels because

1. It auto blurs mobs at these levels - stand up right away and recharm or w/e
2. Spells like ST, root, etc are a) resisted a lot, b) are expensive mana-wise (same spell when you are lvl 50+ costs nothing though)

Just FD, if it fails, strafe run until it refreshesabd FD again

Even at high levels, FD is often the best option in case of a charm break - if anything, it is faster cast than ST or root.
Closed Thread