Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Most people just hate being griefed, the live PVP servers had the same problem.... this server actually peaked in its first week or two, it was awesome for 2 weeks after launch. But all the casuals quit because EQ PVP is too stressful for the average player. The p99 team nailed the coffin shut when they tried to make the server less classic in a misguided attempt to help the population with global chat and exp bonuses...for awhile red population was helped a little because Blue to Red trading was allowed and it sort of made sense to farm items on empty Red server and then cash in on Blue.... But yeah, EQ PVP has never been balanced and it's most fun when you are making someones life so difficult they want to quit...which they do....
Old 09-29-2018, 11:29 AM
Banned

global ooc worst idea ever for a server filled with toxic children and miserable unemployed 30+ stay at home sons
Old 09-29-2018, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people just hate being griefed, the live PVP servers had the same problem.... this server actually peaked in its first week or two, it was awesome for 2 weeks after launch. But all the casuals quit because EQ PVP is too stressful for the average player. The p99 team nailed the coffin shut when they tried to make the server less classic in a misguided attempt to help the population with global chat and exp bonuses...for awhile red population was helped a little because Blue to Red trading was allowed and it sort of made sense to farm items on empty Red server and then cash in on Blue.... But yeah, EQ PVP has never been balanced and it's most fun when you are making someones life so difficult they want to quit...which they do....
incorrect, people left quickly because of nonstop unplayable lag due to the retarded strategy of launching kunark blue live with red vanilla at the same time... raped the servers and was a complete laggy shitfest for at least 2months +

read cast's ancient blog about why the lag made him ragequit as he lost so many levels to it while bard kiting at launch "why I was the *real* first level 50"
Last edited by Bazia; 09-29-2018 at 01:23 PM..
Old 09-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Banned

the addition of velious was the final nail though, i already had to check like 12 zones in kunark to find anyone to pvp and now you added even more "space" to feel empty
Old 09-29-2018, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

red is only fun if you play it like a full time job 12+ hours / day.

aint nobody got time for dat.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was a far better player than most people in the guild and one of the few who actually wanted to PvP (and scored kills on my own, without any kind of ridic gear advantage, ending up at the top of the entire leaderboard for the guild, in fact). People were mad that I didn't want to do boring ass zerg PvE or otherwise play the game as stupidly as they did. Wake up, they weren't even playing the game, and you're clearly one of those zombies. If it had been a real PvP server, then my role (aside from porting) would have been killing other players who were trying to contest, while you stood around auto-attacking NPCs or buffing for hours on end, whichever class you may have been.
you're delusional, man

aside from porting people, you literally would sit there in temple of veeshan casting o'keil's radiation on the tank over and over to make it seem like you were participating and then tried to lie to me when i confronted you about it so you wouldn't get kicked out

other times you were dead and being bindcamped in plane of mischief

if you're so "anti-zerg" then why did you join the guild for several months? you claim you just wanted PvP, so why join the guild with 90% of the level 60 population? you also joined nihilum, which was in the exact same situation

you're holding a grudge because everyone in the guild treated you poorly for doing barely anything worthwhile and for being a social pariah
Old 09-29-2018, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So youre saying ?300 players would happily play velious for the foreseeable future, with no end in sight?

Got it
More people than that play Starcraft 1 and Smash Brothers competitively, games which have been essentially unchanged since 1999. Great games don't require more content for people to play them, they are played because they continue to be fun and intellectually stimulating, and continue to change dynamically based upon what the opponent does at any given time.

PvP (and PvE) Everquest needs many modifications to reach that point where it would be sustaining. The concept of needing to continually "level up" and get new gear is an empty premise when left unchecked, it's something that becomes nothing more than busywork, while simultaneously unbalancing the playerbase and the game world. It's a toxic symptom of capitalism, where people think they need more more more "stuff" in order to have value in their life, when actually none of that means anything.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're delusional, man
Yes you are. Everything I'm about to write has already been explained previously, but it still hasn't gotten through your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aside from porting people, you literally would sit there in temple of veeshan casting o'keil's radiation on the tank over and over to make it seem like you were participating and then tried to lie to me when i confronted you about it so you wouldn't get kicked out
I didn't need to do anything except port (during the large raids where we had way too many people) and I never lied about anything. YOU stupidly assumed I was casting o'keils because of incompetence or something, which just shows your own ignorance. I did that in order to not ruin my faction, as there was no point in taking faction hits. It would actually HURT the guild for me to do anything else, as then I would have to waste time getting faction back up, instead of doing something else useful with my time outside of raids.

Wizard DPS with 100 people present is completely negligible. If I had "participated" by casting a single lure or two on each trash mob, it would have done nothing useful at all. The raid wouldn't have gone any faster.

Quote:
other times you were dead and being bindcamped in plane of mischief
Being bind camped when afk means nothing. See, you and other ignorant people think these kinds of empty events hold meaning, when they don't. It has no bearing on player skill and it effects nothing. A yellow text pops up in the game world, who cares? Well, stupid people care I suppose. People who have little understanding of what player skill actually is and have never accomplished anything in far more competitive and skillful games.

Quote:
if you're so "anti-zerg" then why did you join the guild for several months? you claim you just wanted PvP, so why join the guild with 90% of the level 60 population? you also joined nihilum, which was in the exact same situation
Already talked about this, yet again, in this very thread, if you bothered reading. I wanted to be in a guild that would always have people to do things with whenever I logged on, and who were capable of doing all the game content. Additionally, I hoped the guild would wise up and split forces more, instead of needlessly camping everyone in one place 24/7.

If I had joined another guild it wouldn't have allowed me to PvP more. It actually would have meant less PvP, seeing as how Empire people just ran away from PvP unless they had an insurmountable advantage. So at least I got to fight the <Friends> people sometimes. Eventually that got boring too though, seeing as how Empire just gave up on PoM at night and let <Friends> have it uncontested.

Also, the game wasn't nearly as unbalanced during the Nihilum era. <Azrael> was a much bigger threat at the time and it was Kunark era, so there was less of a gear imbalance.

Quote:
you're holding a grudge because everyone in the guild treated you poorly for doing barely anything worthwhile
Everyone didn't treat me poorly and I was very worthwhile. Outside of the boring ass raids where we had way too many people, I was one of the most active players in the guild and always doing the most possible, playing my character to its potential better than other people did. The problem is the guild was PvE and I was a Wizard. Even playing the best a person possibly can, my class was inherently weaker for PvE content (particularly considering I didn't have a VP clicky). Yet, I still perfectly used my Manarobe inbetween every single med tick for mana, during any situation where it mattered. The Shamans in the guild didn't even try to Canni dance perfectly like I did.

You know this too, or would know if you paid any attention (seeing as how I was always doing this in Halls of Testing or in PoM groups, which you were frequently at), but your head is stuck too far up your ass. You think being an uber geared Monk means you achieved something worthwhile, when all it means is you grinded PvE a ton uncontested.

If the server was actually balanced and there was real PvP competition, then during raids I would have been very active. Instead, the server was ruined by the zerg bullshit and cesspool mentality of the players who were obsessed with pixel-questing, thinking they "won" by doing nothing but the same braindead PvE over and over and over.

I scored more PvP kills than anyone else in Empire, and that's with only playing for 1 month too, since I only came back right before Velious launched and the leaderboard had been up long before that. This further shows how completely pathetic the overriding mentality of the guild was, when the most undergeared player in the guild is the leader for PvP kills, and yet people seem to think that person is not doing anything worthwhile, just because they don't act like a brainless slave during overpopulated PvE raids. Trump-heads.
Last edited by Zuranthium; 09-29-2018 at 07:17 PM..
Old 09-29-2018, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes you are. Everything I'm about to write has already been explained previously, but it still hasn't gotten through your head.

I didn't need to do anything except port (during the large raids where we had way too many people) and I never lied about anything. YOU stupidly assumed I was casting o'keils because of incompetence or something, which just shows your own ignorance. I did that in order to not ruin my faction, as there was no point in taking faction hits. It would actually HURT the guild for me to do anything else, as then I would have to waste time getting faction back up, instead of doing something else useful with my time outside of raids.

Wizard DPS with 100 people present is completely negligible. If I had "participated" by casting a single lure or two on each trash mob, it would have done nothing useful at all. The raid wouldn't have gone any faster.

Being bind camped when afk means nothing. See, you and other ignorant people think these kinds of empty events hold meaning, when they don't. It has no bearing on player skill and it effects nothing. A yellow text pops up in the game world, who cares? Well, stupid people care I suppose. People who have little understanding of what player skill actually is and have never accomplished anything in far more competitive and skillful games.

Already talked about this, yet again, in this very thread, if you bothered reading. I wanted to be in a guild that would always have people to do things with whenever I logged on, and who were capable of doing all the game content. Additionally, I hoped the guild would wise up and split forces more, instead of needlessly camping everyone in one place 24/7.

If I had joined another guild it wouldn't have allowed me to PvP more. It actually would have meant less PvP, seeing as how Empire people just ran away from PvP unless they had an insurmountable advantage. So at least I got to fight the <Friends> people sometimes. Eventually that got boring too though, seeing as how Empire just gave up on PoM at night and let <Friends> have it uncontested.

Also, the game wasn't nearly as unbalanced during the Nihilum era. <Azrael> was a much bigger threat at the time and it was Kunark era, so there was less of a gear imbalance.

Everyone didn't treat me poorly and I was very worthwhile. Outside of the boring ass raids where we had way too many people, I was one of the most active players in the guild and always doing the most possible, playing my character to its potential better than other people did. The problem is the guild was PvE and I was a Wizard. Even playing the best a person possibly can, my class was inherently weaker for PvE content (particularly considering I didn't have a VP clicky). Yet, I still perfectly used my Manarobe inbetween every single med tick for mana, during any situation where it mattered. The Shamans in the guild didn't even try to Canni dance perfectly like I did.

You know this too, or would know if you paid any attention (seeing as how I was always doing this in Halls of Testing or in PoM groups, which you were frequently at), but your head is stuck too far up your ass. You think being an uber geared Monk means you achieved something worthwhile, when all it means is you grinded PvE a ton uncontested.

If the server was actually balanced and there was real PvP competition, then during raids I would have been very active. Instead, the server was ruined by the zerg bullshit and cesspool mentality of the players who were obsessed with pixel-questing, thinking they "won" by doing nothing but the same braindead PvE over and over and over.

I scored more PvP kills than anyone else in Empire, and that's with only playing for 1 month too, since I only came back right before Velious launched and the leaderboard had been up long before that. This further shows how completely pathetic the overriding mentality of the guild was, when the most undergeared player in the guild is the leader for PvP kills, and yet people seem to think that person is not doing anything worthwhile, just because they don't act like a brainless slave during overpopulated PvE raids. Trump-heads.
Didn’t read but man grandmaster has you fucked in the head brah.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:43 AM
Kobold

lol

nobody will ever look back on this server and say that zuranthium was anything but a shitty player and a space cadet
Closed Thread